🕸15🕸

🕸 ⋆。°✩ ⋆。°✩🕸

🕸 ⋆。°✩ ⋆。°✩🕸

May 18th, 2023

The helicopter blades came to a stop, and smoke began pouring out of the engines.

Peter ran into the copter's cockpit, grabbed Ray, and tossed him out of the craft.

"Why would you shoot him?!"

Ray just laughed.

Peter webbed him down and took the absorber.

He turned his attention to Felicia. "Can you get the officers over here to arrest him?"

She nodded and ran off in the direction of the cops and ambulances.

Peter swung over to the vehicles holding Robby and Cam's shot bodies.

The ambulances had already begun to speed off towards the hospital. Peter was just glad they'd get taken care of.

"W-what is that thing?" Chief Lando approached Spider-man, pointing at the absorber.

"Sucked the goo off of the man," Peter answered, still in a funk.

"Is the goo dangerous in there? What will you do with it?"

"I don't think it would be since it's well-contained in the machine. As for what I'll do with it... I have an idea."

🕸 ⋆。°✩ ⋆。°✩🕸

Happy Hogan had just had his afternoon coffee (he really needed the caffeine) and was heading to his window-filled office, giving him a good view of the courtyard on Avenger's Complex, upstate.

He sighed, taking a seat at his desk, and readying himself to continue his paperwork.

Happy was mid-sip when a knock at his window caused him to spit out the warm drink in shock.

Looking to his window to the right of his desk was a costumed hero sticking to the glass, holding what looked like a ray gun!

Peter knocked again, letting out a muffled shout. "Yo! Mr. Hogan! Let me in!"

Happy sighed and sat up. While Happy didn't know the hero personally, he had seen his acts on the news.

The window was slid open, allowing Peter to crawl in and hop onto the office floor.

"Hey, it's the Spider-boy! What are you doing here?" he asked, joking about his name.

Peter chuckled nervously, "Um... it's- it's Spider-man, but it's whatever,"

Happy just rolled his eyes.

"Anyways, this ray gun holds something very dangerous," Peter started.

He continued by explaining what happened and how it took over a host.

After completing his explanation, Peter took a breath and looked at Happy, indicating he could speak now.

"Well, that sounds like every other Tuesday for someone of my profession. It sounds like you're wanting something from me. I mean clearly, you do by coming here."

"I-I do,"

"I know we've worked together in the past, but I don't even know you, so let's hurry this up. I still have bills to work with," Happy sternly told Peter.

Peter sighed sadly. Peter was hoping that he and Happy would still have some sort of connection, but that was wishful thinking. Happy only knew him as the Spider-man he's worked with a few times. Otherwise, there was nothing more.

"So the symbiote needs to be protected, locked away or something. As I explained, it's dangerous. And obviously, I can't just bring it home, so where better to leave it than the Avengers Complex?"

Happy nodded, rubbing his forehead.

He walked over to his desk phone and clicked a few keys, putting the phone up to his ear.

"Hey, yeah, it's me. No! No, it's Happy. Yes, H-a-p-p-y," Happy was having a quick phone battle with his assistant, making Peter chuckle on the other side of the desk. He missed Happy's antics.

Happy pointed at Spider-man with a stern look on his face, angling the phone away from his mouth.

"Hey, you. No laughing, or I won't do this for you."

Peter just put his hands up.

"Yes, Monica, I'm still here. Yes, call up the science extraction team, please. Yes, to my office. I have something that needs to be moved to the high-security lab. Thanks."

Happy set the phone back into the receiver and directed his attention to Peter again.

A few minutes later, the extraction team showed up in the office, taking the absorber away.

Peter thanked Happy and swung out.

The symbiote was taken care of, and he was sure that it would remain safe in the lab.

Now to his next stop.

A/N: Sorry for the shorter chapter, still mid move. longer chapters coming soon, they just may take more time than usual. Also sorry for lack of Cam this chapter, but she will be back in full swing next chapter!

Thanks for reading and thank you for the people who have added SWH to their reading lists. Very appreciated!

Have a great day/night!