🕸11🕸

🕸 ⋆。°✩ ⋆。°✩🕸

🕸 ⋆。°✩ ⋆。°✩🕸

May 18th, 2023

It was the next morning and Cam had once again slept off her pain on Peter's surprisingly comfortable couch.

"Ok. I'll let him know. Thanks for telling me and I'm so sorry," Cam concluded, hanging up the phone, then catching Peter up on her conversation with Felicia Hardy.

"So Felicia wants help from you and mainly Spider-man?" Peter asked, entering the living room of his apartment.

"That's what it sounded like. She found out I wasn't at work and recapped her theories about Robby's internal pain, which we already know is the symbiote. She also made sure to mention she's great at stealing things. I hate that we'll have to work with a criminal, but we're gonna need all the help we can get, right?"

"Right. So that brings us to my plan I made while you were asleep, which I can work Felicia into. While you're right about her being a criminal, we're going to need a good thief."

Peter set up an easel with a whiteboard littered with writings and illustrations. Cam was now sipping on a cup of tea Peter graciously made her.

Peter sat on the coffee table in front of the couch Cam was seated on.

"Here's the plan that I made so far," he explained pointing to different parts of the whiteboard.

He ran over the entirety of his 'presentation' to her in a few minutes.

"So?"

"Well... I think it could work. Where do I come in?" Cam asked.

"Well..." Peter rubbed his neck and blushed. "You... don't?" It came out more like a question than a statement.

"Wait- what?'

"Well, not physically, at least. See, the role that I gave Felicia in my plan was for you, but after we got another volunteer to help, I realized that you're too hurt and will only continue getting hurt if you work alongside me. I mean, that's the reason I've lost people in the past. They got too close to Spider-man, and things never worked out."

"You're... cutting me?" She asked softly, betrayal evident in her voice.

He turned completely to face her and put his hands on her arms softly.

"I'm not cutting you off. You can be my girl in the chair, I just can't let you get hurt anymore. I mean, seriously, you've been in the hospital or ER three times in three days! I've lost too many people. I can't lose you too."

The girl softly smiled and nodded.

"I'll have an earpiece in so I can update you on the phone. And you can stay here as long as you want." Peter continued. "If I'm being honest with you, I'd prefer you to stay here. It's not safe for you to go home, and..." he blushed. "I like your company."