🕸2🕸

🕸 ⋆。°✩ ⋆。°✩🕸

🕸 ⋆。°✩ ⋆。°✩🕸

May 15th, 2023

Two stressed-looking men entered the hallway of the vending machine. Peter's senses enhanced as he listened in.

"I still don't know why Dr. Vorro keeps that 'thing' around," the brown-haired scientist started with disgust.

"That goo is going to get someone killed, but we'll be in even worse trouble if we don't experiment with this freakin' death material!" replied the brunette scientist.

"You got that right... let's just get to the back lab before we get reported for being late."

The two continued with more small talk as they fast-walked down a back hallway, completely passing Peter without a glance. This especially confused Peter as there shouldn't have been any labs in that direction, only storage rooms. Unless... there was? He would need to follow them and see where they were-

"I'm not one to pry, but why in the world are you hiding behind the vending machine?"

Peter snapped out of his thoughts immediately and hoisted himself out from behind the snack machine. After dusting himself off, he came face to face with Cam Flores. What a great impression he's leaving.

"I... was just... um... fixing it?" It came out more as a question as Peter pursed his lips and gave a little nod and smile.

"Yeah, sure? So, it's broken or...?"

"Oh! Um, no I got it! Heh"

"Great. I really needed something to eat. Do you want to sit on break together?"

Peter was conflicted. He desperately wanted to take a break with her and talk to his ever-growing crush, yet these scientists had already gotten farther down the hall. If he didn't track them down now, he'd lose them. It was like deja vu with his past lovers slapping him in the face.

"Cam, I would love to... but I have so many d-deliveries to do so, I gotta..." He pointed with his thumb down the hall.

"You have to deliver to storage closets?" She queried, her eyebrows furrowing up. It was a great look on her, Peter thought.

"I-" he started trying to think of yet another excuse. "Janitors! They buzzed my watch and they're down the storage hall."

"You have fun with that Parker." She said with a laugh that sounded like a scoff.

He was about to jog down the hall before proposing lunch to her, to which she agreed reluctantly.

Sometimes, Peter loathed Spider-man.

🕸 ⋆。°✩ ⋆。°✩🕸

Peter reached the end of the mostly empty hallway to a choice of left or right. He had lost them.