🕸10🕸

🕸 ⋆。°✩ ⋆。°✩🕸

🕸 ⋆。°✩ ⋆。°✩🕸

May 17th, 2023

'Knock, knock, knock.'

The girl swayed on her feet, waiting for the boy to answer. In her pocket was a four-carat gold chain that she may have or may not have stolen from a scientist at VorroTech. He deserved to be stolen from. If you were friends with the boss, he would unfairly give you a raise and an amazingly high position. They were all privileged because of their connections, no talent or skill.

The door swung open, revealing Robby in a t-shirt and boxers, clutching his stomach.

"Hey, Felicia. C-come in..." he croaked out through gritted teeth.

"What's wrong?" Felicia entered and shut the door behind her.

"I-I don't... know. This morning-" he kept trying to get his words out, in pain. "I just started cramping, and it's... getting worse. All of my limbs hurt- internally."

She helped him sit down on his couch, his groaning and gasping growing louder.

"Rob, what can I do? Should I call an ambulance?"

Instead of replying, Robby shot up and ran to his bathroom. She followed him, still fearing for his safety.

The boy threw up again and again, meanwhile, Felicia pulled out her phone to dial 911.

Before she could even enter the first digit, Robby pounced at her, sending her back onto the floor.

"Robby! Stop!"

Rob regained his composure and ripped off his shirt, leaving him clad in only his boxers. Doing this allowed multiple medium-sized tentacles to emerge from his sides.

Felicia, who was right outside the bathroom, screamed. He lunged at her again.

On a whim, she slammed the door shut right into Robby's airborne body. She heard his body hit the ground, his groans only lasting a second before they stopped.

Did she knock him out? Did she kill him? She slammed the door pretty hard.

Still frozen in shock, she planned out her next move when she heard knocks at the door! Voices were yelling Robby's name. What if they were here to hurt him? What if they were the ones who made him like this and were coming to see the results? Either way, she felt very unsafe.

She couldn't go out the front door for obvious reasons. She ran to the living room window, which was left cracked open by Robby.

She was halfway out when she decided to pull a potted plant by the window in front of it. She re-exited and pulled the window shut, the latches clicking in automatically.

She saw the front door open, but she didn't stay to see who entered. Instead, she unlatched the fire escape ladder and began her descent down.

What just happened?

So many questions came to her head all at once. Should she still call the police? The paramedics? Where did those tentacles come from?

Felicia decided to place an anonymous call to the police, not knowing whether or not whoever entered his apartment after she left was involved or dangerous.

She made the call, the operator letting her know that it may take longer than usual for help to arrive. She thanked the operator and ran into the crowded streets out of Rob's alleyway.

She hailed a taxi and went home. What was she to do? He said he was hurting internally... maybe it was a poison that made him aggressive? But he had tentacles literally coming out of his skin! How would she help him? She was only an intern at VorroTech (who participated in theft occasionally).

Wait! VorroTech! Last night, her co-worker, Cat? Cara? Cammy? Cam! It was Cam, who had sat with her and Robby at dinner, along with New York's favorite insect, Spider-man.

Did Cam know Spider-man personally? She would have to ask her at work tomorrow.

Felicia was only good at stealing things, she always had been. But science and hero stuff? That was out of her zone. She needed 'professional' help.

Felicia made up her mind that she would let Cam know about this insane encounter and ask for a connection to Spider-man.

She may have only known Robby for a few days, but she knew she had to find a way to help him with whatever was happening.

A/N: A little flashback filler chapter. Hopefully this helped build up some exposition. More chapters to come!

Have a good day/night, and again, any interaction is greatly appreciated!