🕸14🕸

🕸 ⋆。°✩ ⋆。°✩🕸

🕸 ⋆。°✩ ⋆。°✩🕸

May 18th, 2023

A few different things flew around in Cam's head as she locked the aim for the absorber onto Venom.

Would this work? Would it hurt Robby? Would the Venom become aggressive even off Rob's body?

Despite her doubts, Venom began detaching itself from Robby. Peter had moved Flash and Felicia away from the extraction, allowing Cam to do her thing while Peter was sending multiple punches at Venom, making sure he didn't have the chance to attack Cam.

The sucking became increasingly more powerful, but the goo was having a hard time coming off of Rob.

"NOOO! RELEASE ME!" Venom hollered to no avail.

Parts of Robby's flesh were now becoming visible as the symbiote was slowly being extracted from him.

The veins you could see on the visible parts of his skin were now losing their black color.

"Cam, it's working, keep the machine on him!" Peter yelled.

She turned up the pressure, the symbiote now releasing from his legs and torso for the most part. They were so close to clearing his body of the symbiote when,

'BANG!'

"Cam!" Peter screamed.

"You stupid girl! You left a gun next to me. You thought I would wake up and just walk away?" Ray Vorro strode up to them with an AR.

He had shot her broken arm with the gun she had smacked him with. Her arm would have to be worked on again. But that was the least of their worries. Cam fell and dropped the absorber, allowing Ray to pick it up.

"Thank you for this, guys, really. You did all the work for me," He said with a menacing laugh as the last of Venom was sucked into the absorber. He shut it up, locking it up. The symbiote was now in the tank of the machine.

Robby's symbiote-free body fell to the ground. He was barely conscious, his eyes fluttering. Felicia rushed to his aid while Peter was helping Cam, whose arm was bleeding out.

"Vorro! Bring the gun, sucky, thingy back or else..." Flash started a threat but stopped to think.

Ray stopped his walk to turn and laugh at him.

"You'll what? I own a multi-billion dollar corporation that can take you out within the snap of a finger. This experiment and machine belong to me. I will take it back to my lab, where we will continue to test it on humans. Thanks to Mr. Mayfield's experience, we now know that human bodies can take it," he explained in a pretentious manner. "Thanks for the help, Spider-man!" He called out before making his way back to the helicopter.

"You'll never get away with this! It's too dangerous!" Spider-man called out before running after Vorro.

"Oh, one more thing," Ray turned to face Spider-man, who was charging at him. Ray grabbed the gun that was strapped on his back and shot it at Peter, who flipped out of the way of the bullets.

The bullets wooshed past Peter, hitting Robby's waist fifteen feet back!

"Robby!" Peter called out.

"Farewell," Vorro hollered out, already in the cockpit after distracting Spider-man with the shots.

Flash and Felicia were now at both Cam's aid and Robby's.

"Ambulance! Call an ambulance!"

The remaining NYPD officers who survived the scene were behind barriers they set up, watching the whole thing.

Chief Lando from earlier screamed out to Spider-man from behind the barriers.

"We already have paramedics arriving on site, don't worry!" This claim proved to be true as sirens pulled onto the paths of the park, paramedics rushing out to help the wounded.

The helicopter began whirring to life, the blades starting to pick up speed.

"No, no, no!"

Peter shot multiple webs at the rising aircraft. The webs latched on the bottom of the copter. Spider-man held onto the bunch of webs with his left hand, while he shot webs on the ground to support himself.

Captain America told him about the one time he was able to stop a helicopter by holding it back from flying. That was Peter's goal. Hopefully, the bunches of webs would hold and keep the helicopter from flying, while also pulling it down.

With all his strength, he began pulling the helicopter down the best he could while still trying to stay connected to the ground.

The helicopter was attempting to raise higher and higher, but fortunately, failing!

Peter was miserable, crying out in pain. He was already hurt enough, but now he was putting a tremendous amount of effort into his mission.

"Just give up!" Vorro's voice boomed over the external speaker.

"Never!" Peter yelled back, grunting and screaming through his misery.

Suddenly, the backup engine kicked in making Peter's grasp slip. He let go of the webbing on the ground to shoot more strands onto the copter. He was now holding the aircraft with both hands filled with bunches of webs, and yet, it seemed like it wasn't enough.

The pain and struggle he was putting into it was failing. He thought about letting Vorro go.

Before he could make any regretful decisions, two magnetized grappling wires attached themselves to the copter's undercarriage next to Peter's webs.

Peter's head snapped to the left. It was Felicia!

"I stole these off the soldiers back there! They're pretty high-tech, Spider," she explained.

He could only nod, still trying to gain his grip on the webs.

She flipped on a switch for each hook, and the helicopter started to pull down easier!

Peter's struggle became almost non-existent as the machines started doing most of the work.

"G-give me one! I can help you lower the copter!" Peter told her.

She did so, them both having one now. They began backing up, letting the copter get pulled down by the wires.

"You're right! These are super high-tech. Pays to have money," Peter agreed.

The helicopter lowered to the ground, the engines giving out due to the excess amount of energy said engines used trying to oppose the hooks and webs.

They had done it! Now, to get the absorber back.