Days Remaining: 3

Edd's P.O.V

"Edd I have the most exciting news!" My art teacher nearly squealed with excitement as she called me to her desk. I felt a nervous excitement and drew closer. My sneakers squeaked across the floor, I couldn't help a smile. "This letter holds the answer to the question we've been waiting for: How did you place in the contest?"

"Wow," I smiled, I held the envelope in my hands. "Haha.. I'm scared to open it," I confessed

She playfully shoved my shoulder, "Oh come now Edd! You are the best student I've had in all my years, look at me, I've been here for a longgg time." She smirked. "Now now, open that letter before I do!" I took a deep breath as my hands slid under the fold, "Hey now," she said while pushing up her glasses, "If you didn't place they are seriously missing out on an extremely talented man. They'll regret it when you make it in the big leagues."

"Ha, thanks. Okay, here we go," I pulled out the paper folded in three, I opened it, and started to read, "Dearest Edd Edwards, we apologize for the long wait, the talent this year was incredible and gave the judges a very hard job to accomplish. We are excited to inform you that.. That you are the winner of the contest!"

"Oh my god! Edd!!"

"There will be an award ceremony held at your school's Prom this year, you will receive 500$ and be congratulated in front of all your fellow classmates! I did it!"

"Yes, you did!" She jumped. She hugged me, "I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you so much for always supporting me and pushing me, I couldn't have done it without you."

"Oh hush Edwards, your too kind, this is all your doing. Now now, go celebrate with your friends, I'm not going to hold you against the bell any longer. I know you and Matt have a lot on your hands as is for ASB. Tell that boy to stop by sometime, the drama department could use his makeup skills."

"Will do," I winked grabbing my backpack.

"Have a great day!"

"Have a greater day!" I skipped out of the classroom. "This is amazing!" I punched the air and spun around. I ran into someone, "OH! I'm so sorry--Tom! Oh my gosh guess what?"
"Look Edd I-" His eyes widened and he cried out, he fell on the floor.

"TOM?!" I helped him up, he winced. "Are the bullies bothering you again? What's wrong?"

His phone beeped, "Shit. Look I gotta go-"

I grabbed his arm, "No! Tom, I'm not doing this! You've been quiet, you're not eating, you're not talking, what the hell is going on?!"

Another beep. He looked more nervous.

"Edd! Tom!" Matt cheered.

"Look, I can't talk right now, I have to go catch up with a teacher, I'm really behind in my English class."

"Tom, what is going on?"

"Edd I told you--"

"There you are Thomas, I was wondering if you had canceled our study session." A teacher approached us. "Oh hey, Matt!" She smiles.

"Edd, this is that sub I was telling you about that I met in the library."

"Hello, I'm Mrs. Smith, I'm filling in for Tom's English teacher. I've been holding study sessions for students who have been falling behind. Are you ready to join the others Thomas, or did you have something more pressing to get to?"

He wasn't lying. "No, he doesn't." I couldn't help the attitude in my voice. "Bye, Tom." I walked away with Matt. I can't make him talk. Besides, at least he's actually trying in school. I'll just talk to him later when he gets home.