Worry

Edd's P.O.V

I look at Matt, we're on our way to school. It's still raining, the weather here's usually pretty crazy. Matt's holding his huge umbrella over us. I sigh, I'm worried about Tom. For some reason he didn't respond to any of my texts yesterday.

Was he mad at us for not making it to lunch? Or mabey he got in a fight again? I'm dying to know!

"So what do you think about that new guy?" Matt's question catches me off guard, I must've looked confused, "You know, the kid in are ELA class? I couldn't find anything on him on any social media." He thinks.

"Oh yeah, I think his name was Tord. We should talk to him, maybe we can be friends, ya know? Like us and Tom!"

"Speaking of Tim, er, Tom," he blushes embarrassed, Matt's seriously a smart guy, he used to wear glasses but now he just uses contacts. He's popular and a total flirt, but he just has a really hard time with names and can sometimes come off sounding dumb but his grades scream otherwise. And of course he's addicted to his looks, both his parents are world wide super models so it makes sense. "Have you heard from him? Yesterday I tried asking him a question about a selfie but he didn't say anything. At the least I thought he'd tell me to shut up, he never responded."

So he's ignoring Matt too. Hm..

"No, texted him too. Never heard back. Do you think he's mad at us?"

"Mabey something happened?"

"Nothing ever happens in the boring town." I huff. We kept walking, as we go I feel water fall on me. It slithers down my cheeks, I look up to find the sky.

Wheres the umbrella?

I turn around and glance at Matt. He's completely transfixed in the TV screens behind the glass of a storefront. "Something happened." He mumbles.

"What?" My eyes widen.

Her monotone voice starts, "One woman claims she was at the park with her children when she heard a gunshot. She said she saw a man in red and blue running in the distance. Adam?"

The camera switches to a man, "As we know thirty people died yesterday by gun. We're currently looking for the corporate. If you've seen or heard anything we ask you please call the number on the screen. As far as safety precautions go all we know is that the victims were all people in their thirties and forties. There have been no children or teens. Stay alert and make sure you always have someone with you. We ask you don't travel alone. Stay safe."

"Thank you Adam, that is a very serious matter and we that hope that this tragedy is brought peace. Now back to the weather."

I look at Matt, both of us have horror written all over our faces. My mind goes to Tom, "We should start walking with him from now on. If we get to school early we might find him."

"Yeah, if he wasn't always late." Matt reminds me.

"Well we don't have any classes together. We'll just have to wait till luch."

"Don't worry Edd, I'm sure he's okay."

"Yeah, yeah, your probably right. I'll just text him again. Come'on, let's get out of this rain."