Days Remaining: 2

Edd's P.O.V

"Matt, have you got ahold of him?" He shook his head and looked through his phone, he approached me with a half smile.

"Hey look, I'm going to go drive around at the school really quick and down the street. I'll see if I see him okay? I'll be right back. You stay here in case he comes back. We'll find him, I know it." He grabbed the keys and quickly walked through the front door.

I took a breath and then dialed the number"..Tord?"

"Edd? Hey are you alrigh--"

"Tom's gone, Tord. I'm sorry I-I know you're busy with your parents but I don't know what to do. He never came home and he's not answering any of our calls or messages. I saw him in the hall at the end of school and he went to a study group and never came back--" the sob I tried to keep in my throat overtook me. "Things have been like this before but never this long, never this much silence. And is terrifying to me. Maybe we shouldn't go to prom tomorrow, and my award doesn't matter and--

"I'm coming home right now. Give me a minute. Edd I'm going to bring him home, we're all going to go to prom together tomorrow and have a great time. Tell Matt to come home, I know where he is."

"How'd you know about Matt?"

"I know you guys well enough," he chuckled, "I've needed space to clear my head before so I have an idea where he might go. It's late Edd, just try and get some rest, I'll text you when I find him."

"Thank you, Tord, thank you."

"Anything for a friend."

Tords P.O.V

"Anything for a friend." I hung up the phone furious. "What the hell is she doing?!" I quicked grabbed a change of clothes, I stopped myself. If I'm really going to do this and possibly run into the black army, do I approach them as an innocent bystander or reveal myself as the Red Leader? My hand hesitated. I moved my hands away, grabbed my red coat, and loaded up a few extra weapons. "If you want war, I'll give you a war." The heels of my shoes clicked with every step I walked down the dark hall. "Soldiers, we have a weapon to get back."

~~ 1 hour later ~~

I grabbed my gun and ran through the school, my army had nearly searched the whole thing at this point. After receiving calls from all of them in every classroom. I nearly left before I remembered the basement. I dashed down the hall and stopped at the door, I pointed my gun in front of me before quietly slipping through the door. I looked from the stairs while walking from step to step, a blue hoodie soaked in blood was at the end of the stairs, "Thomas?!" I called, my voice echoing from the room.

"F-Fuck off Commie." A voice weakly sneered. Thomas was lying on the floor in boxers, his body was covered in dry blood, wounds, bites, and hickeys. "Did you not hear me!?!"

"Thomas--"

"SHUT UP!" His eyes glowed with purple, his teeth started to take a sharper form and purple started to seep through his skin. 

Shit.

My radio buzzed, "Sir where are you?! They're still here!"

"I don't have time for this! We need to go!"

"I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE WITH YOU!" He screamed. His body changed, his shock snapped as his hands became black daggers and his fingertips grew into claws.

I staggered back, a woman appeared from the shadows. "Oh we're friends now are we? What a soft leader. It seems they've picked the wrong sweetheart." She held a collar in her hand. "Go get him~" Thomas gritted his teeth, his body hesitated, "Wow what a little brat. Okay, tomorrow will be harder than today love."

His body changed as he fell on his knees and sobbed at her feet, "P-Please I'm I'm sorry please-" She grabbed his face as he cried and threw him to the floor.

"He's a brat." She pulled out a gun and held it to his head, "Let's make a deal, shall we? You can have my toy back, as long as he shows up to class tomorrow, he can't even be tardy or else I'll kill him. I've had enough time to study him and know what will kill him even if your army is too incompetent to figure it out. All this has to stay under wraps~"

I shook her hand, "You're even uglier in person,"

"And you look like a 12-year-old. Nice doing business with you." She grabbed Thomas by the neck, "Be a good boy sweetheart." She pushed him into me and walked away. The door closed behind her. I quickly took off my jacket and wrapped it around him. I was so taken up by concern I didn't have time to stop his hand which slipped into my belt. He grabbed a gun and kicked me away, "HEY!" I yelled. He said nothing but looked up at me with dead lifeless eyes. He pointed the gun at himself, and my jaw dropped, "HEY! STOP!" His hand trembled, I jumped on top of him and threw the gun. He screamed and tried to get me off. "Please calm down. You're okay now." I held him tightly as he kicked and cried. "Edd and Matt miss you a lot. I'm sorry I didn't come sooner, Thomas. It's okay if you hate me. But I'm here now." I ran my hand through his hair as if he was a child. I wrapped my coat around him once more. "Please don't scare me like that. Everyone would be devastated if you were gone." His whole body trembled and jerked uncontrollably. I grabbed something out of my pocket, I held his body harder to keep him from running away as I put a shot into him. His body went limp.

"Sir, do you want me to grab him?"

"No, no one touches him. Get my car ready. We need to stop at a medbay as soon as possible."

"Red Leader Sir, we found this tape in classroom A219." He showed me a DVD with a bow wrapped around it. Another man brought a TV over from the storage room. I sat at a desk with Thomas sleeping away in my arms. The man hit the button and tears threatened to fall as the screen flashed on.

"Don't be shy~" "Your too loud~" "P-P-Please don--"

He was assaulted, hurt, tortured, and raped, day after day in every way and shape you could imagine. "I-I'm so sorry Thomas, p-p-please forgive me!" I cried to his resting body. "I won't ever let her get to you again." I shot the TV with my gun. "I won't leave your side again." I carried him into the back of the car. We drove to the Armies medical center. I sat him on a bed as my nurses worked away.

"Sir you can leave now-"

"No. I'm staying here."

"Yes sir,"

I texted Edd and let him know I'd be home soon, he read the message but didn't respond. I knew I'd find him passed out on the couch with Matt next to him. I owe Edd and Matt a lot, I owe Tom even more, despite all he's been through I think he'll want to go to Prom to make Edd happy. So that's what we'll have to do. She's going to pull something. And I'll be there to stop her.