𝕋𝕖𝕕𝕕𝕪 𝔻𝕦ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕞𝕡

It was Fourth of July weekend. My parents had decided to throw this big little cookout. I was in the kitchen helping my mom getting everything ready.

"Honey why don't you invite Teddy." My mom said as she finished cutting up the watermelon. "He seems sweet."

"Are you serious?" I asked my mom. She loved to play jokes on us all the times. The only time she ever met Teddy was when she was picking me up at his house.

"Of course." She threw the watermelon rime in the trash. "You guys have been dating for a while-"

"We've been dating for 2 months." I cut her off. 

"So?" She asked. I just looked at her. "Your father and I only dated for 4 months before we got married."

"So what your saying is in 2 months we can get married." I asked. She just looked at me the look every kid knew, "The Mom Look."

"Go get that boy before I beat you with this jar of peanut butter." Mom gave me a glared as she grabbed the peanut better. I knew my mom wasn't kidding. I smiled at her before I took off running out the door.

Teddy and I didn't live far from each other. It wasn't more than 2 blocks. I went around back to the tree Teddy loves to climb.

I grabbed into the branch and pulled myself up. I looked into his window and saw Teddy sitting on the floor playing Army.

When Teddy was in army mood, nothing got his attention. I gave a small knock on the window, but to no avail it didn't work.

Teddy's window normally wasn't locked. I just hated opening it. But I didn't have a choice. I slowly opened the window carefully not making a sound.

I slowly came up behind Teddy on the ground. I wrapped my arms around his neck, not hard enough to hurt him.

"Attack!" I yelled. Teddy jumped up and fell back into his bed, squishing me. He then turned around and held me down. I saw an evil look in his eyes. The look right before he started tickling me. "Teddy don't!" I yelled.

Teddy held my arms over my head and sat on my legs so I couldn't move. Without any warning he started ticking me. I was trying so hard not to laugh because I knew he wouldn't stop. But I couldn't and I broke down laughing.

About five minutes later he finally quit and collapsed next to me. "What are you doing here Cupcake?" He asked.

"Can't I come see my boyfriend." I asked back, running my fingers though his locks. "My parents are having a cookout and I was wondering if you wanted to go."

A smirk grew on his face. "Can't go an hour with me?"

"Nope, I can't." Teddy smiled at me and kissed me. We stand their for a few minutes before we headed back to my house. We ran in the front door trying to get to the back yard when my mom stopped us.

"Kids come here." Mom called out.

"Mom!" I whined and rolled my eyes. "I know all the rules so goodbye."

"Not so fast. I want you and Teddy to try something." I rolled my eyes at what she said. Teddy looked over at me and I just smiled. "Do you guys mind?"

"No ma'am." Teddy said and walked over to my mom. I wanted to smack him in that moment. I just wanted to go outside and hit him with the water balloons I filled up earlier.

"This is some of my grandmothers homemade fudge." Teddy looked down at the plate then up at my mother. My mom broke off a small piece of fudge and handed it to him. Teddy's eyes sparkled. "So what do you think?"

"That's amazing." Teddy's eyes widen. I walked over to him and grabbed his hand.

"Can we go now?" I asked my dear mother.

"Go." She said. I grabbed Teddy's hand and lead him outside. Teddy looked around like he had never seen a backyard this big.

I slowly made my way over to the bucket of water balloons from early. I reached down and grabbed about 3 out of the bucket. Teddy was still looking around when I walked up behind him. I held the balloon over his head and popped it.

Teddy gasps and turned around to look at me. The water ran down his glasses leaving little stains. I slowly started backing up. Teddy look behind me and spotted the bucket.

I knew I was dead. Within 10 minutes no balloon were left. All that was, was a bucket of water. Teddy picked the bucket up and started walking towards me. I tired to get away but only ended up in a corner.

"Teddy don't!" I screamed but he only got closer.

"You started this." He said. I closed my eyes just in time. He then poured the bucket all over my. I was soaked. Teddy was laughing his ass off. I wiped my eyes and tackled him to the ground in a hug. "Get off me! Your wet!" He yelled as he tried to push me off.

Eventually he gave up and just held me tight. We laid right there and enjoyed each other company.

My dad had grilled us some burgers for dinner. Teddy and I ended up being the only kids but we didn't mind. It just meant we had more time together.

An hour or so later it began to get dark. That might it was time for fireworks. Teddy had taken us to this lot where you got the best few of the town. Teddy took a seat in the grass. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me down into his lap.

Halfway through I felt my eyes getting heavy and before I knew it. I was asleep.

I don't know what time it was when I woke up. I looked around and didn't see Teddy anywhere. I just happened to look up and found him sitting all the way up in the tree still watching fireworks.

"Teddy." I called out.

"Yes cupcake?" He asked.

"What are you doing in the tree?" I asked looking up at him.

"Watching fireworks." He smiled down at me. I heard some ruffling in the tree. Before I knew it Teddy jumped down. He walked a few steps away from the tree before he fell onto the grass. "Come here."

I smiled as I walked over to him. He grabbed my hand and pulled me into his lap. The held me close as he kissed my head. "I love you." He said into my shoulder.

"I love you too." I turned to look at me and kissed short and sweet. We just spent the rest of the night in each other arms.