A Flight To Your Dreams

Paige had been staring at her phone on her office table.

Still wondering if everything is just a prank.

Still torn.

But as her phone keeps showing notifications, second by second.

She knew it's getting serious.

Mind blown that one simple piano cover already earned her an estimated 213,313 social media likes and shares on all platforms, overnight!

Paige accidentally opens the latest headlines and finally confirmed it.

She's everywhere.

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and even on YouTube.

And she knows that all this sudden popularity is not purely because of her own talent.

It had something to do with the boyband behind the song she loves.

Paige feels nothing but nervous. 

Everything good comes with a price. And for this one, her personal life is the sacrifice:

"NEWEST SHOWBT SERIES, 'LOVE BREAK', ANNOUNCES TV SHOW PILOT COMING NEXT WEEK, FINALLY CASTS ONE RANDOM FAN OUT OF A HUNDRED THOUSAND ENTRIES"

"DAKOTA DAVID, AKA PIANO PAIGE ON TIKTOK, THE WILD CARD CONTESTANT FOR SB19 SERIES, 'LOVE BREAK', #1 TRENDING ON TWITTER"

"A WEDDING PIANIST'S JOURNEY TO STARDOM, DAKOTA PAIGE DAVID CATCHES CURIOSITY FROM SB19 FANS AROUND THE WORLD"

She had to slap herself a few times just to make sure she isn't in some kind of dream.

Everyone at work looks at Paige like she's a totally different person now.

So many expectations from judging eyes.

Paige is still scared to know more about what the internet must be saying about her.

Social media had always been mean.

"Mumsh, nakita mo na ba mga comments sayo sa latest Facebook post ng SB19?" (Girl, have you seen all the comments about you on SB19's latest Facebook post?) One of Paige's closest workmates, Leia, runs up to her like there's a fire drill.

"Mumsh... bakit ba nagkakaganito buhay ko" (Girl... why is my life like this?) Paige complains to the air, wishing there could be another way out of this mess than to be on live television.

"Mumsh, tignan mo oh. Ang gago nito." (Girl, check this bitch out) Leia shows her phone on Paige's face "SBfangalz19 on Twitter posted: 'Bakit sya pa napili? Maputi lang di naman maganda. Good luck nalang kung manalo'. Ano mumsh, sapakin ko na ba 'to?" (SBfangalz19 Twitter post: 'Why her? She has good skin but she's not that pretty. I doubt she'll ever win'. Girl, do you want me to slap this twat right now?)

Paige rests her face on her palms, groaning.

Entertaining haters is the least of Paige's worries.

It's Kent that she's always thought about.

Leia looks at Paige pitifully. 

"Alam mo, mumsh? Ang hina kasi ng loob mo, noh?" (You know what, mumsh? You're a scaredy cat) Leia rests her head on Paige's shoulder.

Leia sympathizes with her "Hoy, ang daming fans na-iinggit sayo ngayon kasi New York 'yon, besh. Malay mo, magka 1 million pesos ka din." (Hey, the fans are just jealous because you're going to New York. And they won't. Who knows, this might even get you 1 million pesos!)

"Tingin mo, mumsh. Ano iisipin sakin ni Kent pag tinuloy ko 'to?"
(Girl, what do you think Kent will feel if I went with this?) Paige searches Leia's eyes for answers.

Leia just laughs "Baliw to! Kung alam mong mahal ka ni Kent, di mo kailangan ma-stress kung ano magiging tingin nya sayo. Aba, yung nararamdaman mo naman isipin mo this time." (You're cray cray! If you know that Kent loves you, you will not worry about what he thinks about you. Duh, put yourself first for once.)

Paige gives Leia's advice a thought.

Now she's scared of two things: not only to be exposed on TV but also to be judged by her boyfriend who will be seeing her on TV.

But deep down, Paige knew that making a name for herself has always been a dreamy idea.

She just wishes she won't lose the love of her life in the process.