Chapter 6 - The Intrigues and Intimacies

As the clan meeting drew to a close, my attention fixated on the mysterious girl who had captured my curiosity. Ignoring the concerned calls of Andhorra and Charlie, I maneuvered through the dispersing crowd, determined to catch up with her.

"Where are you going, Nero?" Andhorra called after me, her voice filled with confusion.

They barely registered in my mind as I made my way through the horde, my gaze fixed on the mysterious girl who was walking towards the exit. Her every movement seemed purposeful, like a phantom navigating the shadows. I pushed past shoulders and brushed past cloaks, my determination propelling me forward.

"Nero, wait!" Charlie's voice resonated with urgency, but it was nothing more than a distant echo. My mind was consumed by the enigmatic presence that eluded me.

The corridors outside the meeting hall were filled with eager discussions and hurried footsteps, but my focus remained unyielding, my eyes never leaving the girl's figure as she moved with an unnatural grace through the throng. I knew it was irrational, but I was ninety percent sure that she was that same girl I had seen dead in the lower districts, and I needed to see her face up close to confirm.

Finally, I emerged from the crowded hall, my heart pounding with anticipation. Confusion mingled with frustration as I scanned the area outside, hoping to catch sight of her. But to my dismay, she had vanished. It was as if she had evaporated into thin air, leaving no trace of her existence.
How had she disappeared so swiftly, as if she possessed supernatural abilities? My mind whirled with questions, desperately seeking answers that remained just beyond my grasp.

"She was right here," I murmured to myself, my voice laden with disappointment. "How could she vanish so quickly?"

Andhorra and Charlie caught up with me, "Nero, seriously? What on earth are you up to?" Charlie questioned, her tone a mix of exasperation and confusion.

"I thought I recognized someone, but it seems I must have been mistaken," I replied.

Andhorra raised an inquisitive eyebrow and asked, "Who?"

I waved a dismissive hand and said, "Forget it, it doesn't matter. It is no one relevant Let's focus on more pressing matters, shall we?"

Andhorra's eyes gleamed with mischief as she leaned in closer. "I have an idea," she whispered, her voice filled with calculated cunning. "Let's pay a visit to Ethan's house. If he's involved, he might have left something behind that could incriminate him."

"Actually, I thought about it during the meeting, and I think Tyler is more probable to be the one behind the fire" said Charlie.

"Tyler?" Asked Andhorra

"Him and Thomas might be in a fight at present, but I remind you they have been best friends for years. Andhorra is right, I think Ethan is a more probable culprit. Let's pay him a visit girls." I ordered them.

A shiver of excitement tingled down my spine. It was a risky move, but desperate times called for desperate measures. I needed to get Thomas out of my house. Andhorra nodded in agreement, her eyes gleaming with determination.

"Once we gather solid evidence, we can confront Ethan and force him to reveal the truth," Andhorra suggested, her voice laced with a mixture of resolve and apprehension.

With newfound determination, we made our way towards his house, a mix of nerves and adrenaline pulsating through our veins.

We approached the house cautiously, the remnants of the Parker's mansion casting a haunting backdrop. Charlie's sharp gaze landed on Ethan's car parked suspiciously in front of the wreckage rather than his own house.