Chapter 10

You're On your Own, Kid
Taylor Swift

It was the next morning.

I then realized my head was on Neteyam's chest. I quickly got up to wake him. Get groaned lazily.

"Neteyam.." I called his name. He just groaned and covered his eyes with his hand.

"It's early Leinah.." He complained. I sigh deeply.

"Neteyam.. The others are outside.. We're the only ones left." I told him. I got up and I felt a strong hand gripping my hand. I looked at Neteyam and he pulled me to him causing me to fall on the bed.

This guy.....

"Stay.." that was all he said. I sighed as I felt his arms snake onto my waist. Kiri then called us by yelling.

"Neteyam.. Kiri is calling us, we have to get up." I told him. He then groaned and sat up.

"Well.. Good morning." I said sarcastically rolling my eyes and smiled.

"Good morning baby.. " He replied as he rubbed his eyes. I widened my eyes by his greeting.. I stood up and pulled his hand in order for him to stand up.

"B-baby?" I asked for clarification, he nodded as he rested his head on mine since he is taller than me. I'm only at his jawline level.

"Damn.. Why are you so tall?" I chuckled he looked at me and laughed softly.

"I don't know.." He said simply. He then went to my side and his hand went to my back. He gestured his hand for me to go outside first. Omfg.. This guy is a gentleman.

"I'm gonna change first. You go ahead." I told him. He nodded his head and went outside to meet with his sister, Kiri.

This is actually all of a sudden. He called me baby!?!? What in the world is happening? I ate and walked outside to see the group on the back waiting for me.

"Took you long enough." Aonung said. I rolled my eyes and called for my ilu.

"Hello Hyu'mi.." I greeted her. Tuk then came to me.

"Hi Heleinah! What's her name?" she asked while she rubbed the ilu's head.

"Her name is Hyu'mi... Want to ride her with me?" I asked her. Her eyes lit up and she nodded her head.

She hopped in and I followed. She's in the front and I'm at her back. I connected with my ilu and we followed Lo'ak to Three Brothers Rock.

When we got there, we actually swam the rest of the way. Lo'ak told us to hide in the tall seaweeds. He went forward and there we saw the killer tulkun.

Lo'ak was bonding with him. I got startled when the payakan opened its mouth. We all looked at each other.

Lo'ak swam inside and the payakan closed its wide mouth. Neteyam was about to charge in but I stopped him.

"Hold on Neteyam." I signed to him. He backed away and hid again in the seaweed.

TIMESKIP

Lo'ak then went out the tulkun's mouth. He swam up so that the payakan can see him.

"We have to get back." Rotxo signed. We all agreed and swam back up. We called for Lo'ak and he parted ways with the payakan.

"We're in so much trouble." Aonung mumbled. We rode our ilus and went back.

Aonung was right.. We're in so much trouble. Why would I agree? It's because our parents are already waiting for us on the mangroved way.

I looked at Tsireya and Aonung. Their faces were pale and so was mine.