Chapter 20

It was already night time but still, me and Tsireya kept on talking not caring about the time. My head wasn't paying attention to whatever we were talking. Instead, it was filled with the sudden actions earlier with Neteyam.

"To be honest, Leinah.. I'm very excited about the Marayani Festival!" she said excitedly. I looked at her with a shocked face.

"What!? I forgot about that festival! It's two days from now am I right?" I asked her. She nodded her head.

"I can't believe you have forgotten sister. Mother said that the eldest daughter will be representing a speech for the new Olo'eyktan and Tsahik. You'll do that for welcoming them at leaders in charge." she told me. I widened my eyes even more.

"I don't even have a speech!" I said. She calmed me down.

"Sister.. Don't worry, you still have tomorrow and the day after tomorrow." she said. I looked at her.

"Reya.. I can't make a speech tomorrow.. Why? It's because we will be decorating the village and the beach! The beach is where the festival will happen and Aonung will be in charge of the decor." I told her. She sighed standing up.

"Well, to be honest again.. I don't think Aonung knows how to decor and I think you will be in charge. Mother said that you will be next Tsahik after Aonung's leading." she said. I looked at her with shocked eyes.

"M-me?" I asked her. She nodded her head. I wonder why I was chosen to be Tsahik after my brother's leading.

"Yes you.. Mother and father chose you because you performed the most difficult ritual. Besides, you're very strong and courageous. If you don't want to be a tsahik, you could just tell both our parents. I'm sure they will accept your decision." she said. I smiled at her. Without my younger sister, I'm doomed. I don't know what I'll do.

"You get some sleep, sister." she said patting my shoulder before walking out of the sea shell filled room.

I lay down my bed and closed my eyes.

THE NEXT DAY

I woke up immediately to get ready so I can help with the people and Aonung.