Chapter 22

Midnight Rain - Taylor Swift

THE DAY OF THE MARAYANI FESTIVAL

Me and Tsireya were in our parents bedroom. Out mother said she has perfect clothing for us. Well our closets doesn't have any perfect shiny clothing and my mother only has the perfect ones.

I prepared my speech and wrote it down. My mother approved the speech I made and she was very proud.

Right now.. My mother was digging onto some clothes in her closet for us to wear.

"Here it is!" my mother announced. She took out two complete clothes.

"Tsireya, here is yours and Heleinah this one will fit perfectly on you." my mother said. She handed the clothes over and all I could say is that my mother has good taste in fashion.

TSIREYA

HELEINAH

HELEINAH

"Mother.. This is perfect!" I said while trying it on. It fits me very well. I looked at Tsireya and I found her wearing the clothing. She's very beautiful.

"Oh my daughters.. The two of you look so beautiful!" My mother told us. We smiled at her compliment. My mother's dress looked exactly like Tsireya's.

Aonung and our father came in and their eyes widened.

"You guys look beautiful." my father complimented. Ronal smiled as she went towards him.

"You look stupid Aonung." I told him while snickering. My brother death glared me. He scoffed while looking at me up and down.

"You're more stupid." He said rolling his eyes. Our mother smacked his head.

"Enough Aonung." she hissed. Aonung looked at her in a confused look and turned to see me.

I was laughing the whole time.

"She started it!" Aonung defended. Ronal just clicked her tongue while going out with Tonowari to the venue. We saw Metkayina soldiers outside waiting for us. We went to our places behind our mother and father. The whole family walked to the venue.

I met eyes with Neteyam and it seemed like he was startled. I smiled at him and he returned the same.

He was very handsome. He was wearing a traditional clothing attire. It's like the different clans are having a meeting. Forest Na'vi  have great taste in fashion.

I sat down i front with Tsireya. Tuk and Kiri went to us with a smile.

"Hey guys!" Tuk yelled. Me and Tsireya smiled at her at the same time.

"Hello Tuk.. Hi Kiri." Tsireya greeted them. Kiri responded with a wave.

"You guys look amazing in those clothing attires." I said gesturing to their forest clothing made for occasions.

"Thanks! Luckily mom brought this with us!" Tuk said in relief.

"Leinah.. Not to brag but your outfit is gorgeous." Kiri said. I chuckled at her words.

"This was from my mother. She has good taste in fashion." I told her. While we were talking, the host started to talk.

"Good Morning everyone. My name is Ast'raea and I am the chosen speaker for the event. The Marayani Festival was created by our dear ancestor, Mara'ya Tsekaha Te Maru'ye'inte. She fought with the tulkuns against the monstrous sky people." Astraea said welcoming everyone.

"Both children and adults of our clan, cherished her loyalty and respect. Her marui pod, still lies on the top of the Ata'hwatlu island that is not far away from ours. That island is the most beautiful place." she continued.

"Mara'ya was the only Metkayina navi who performed the Maheywani Ritual that can heal the badly injured, like gun shots, spear holes and more. Mara'ya was called the Maheywani Holder. She had that power ever since she was healing the navi she loved. " Astraea said.

"Today.. The Marayani Festival won't be the only event that will be celebrate Don this very day. We will also celebrate the new Maheywani Holder. Helei'nah Tekhia Ma'he'ywa Ro'nal'ite, please come on stage to receive an ancestral heirloom." She said while giving me a smile. My heart was beating fast. So that's why my parents wanted me to make a speech because the festival won't be the only event celebrated today but also the new holder of the Maheywani.

I took a deep breath as I stood up going to the stage. I straightened up my posture beside the lectern.

"Because of your hope and braveness. The way you performed the ritual. You will be receiving the ancient ancestral heirloom, the spear of Maraya." She said as she stepped out the lectern and gave the spear to me.

The spear of Maraya? Why must it be given to me?

"Maraya solemnly announced when she was nearly on her death that her ancient spear will be given to the navi who performed the ritual. May I announce that the new Maheywani Holder is Heleinah Tek'hia Ma'hey'wa Ro'nal'ite." she said handing me the spear.

I got hold of it and it made a slice sound. I looked at Ast'raea asking her if it's suppose to be like that.

"I don't know." She said simply. She backed away front he lectern motioning me to tell my speech. I nodded at her as I walked between the sides of the lectern.

I took a deep breath.

"Thank you for the heirloom, Miss Astraea. Actually to be honest with all of you. I kinda forgot my speech." I said embarrassed. They chuckled at my words but I really didn't care.

"Couple of days ago, we suffered from the war, the sky people brought us. That all came to an end when Jake Sully, his family and our people stood to fight the leader Colonel Quaritch. We faced our darkest moments but we were never alone. When I was in that war, I was with my friends all the time facing a dark humor. " I said while I looked at the people in front of me listening carefully.

"Especially me. At the end, that's when I performed the most difficult ritual only Maraya can do. At first when the forest navi's came to our island, the adults especially teenagers treated them differently. Who knows what would happen. Couple of day later, they became absolute friends, hanging out with each other on the beach and every sights in our reefs." I said.

"To be honest, I enjoyed the time in my life with the newcomers and my Metkayina friends. Take note, little did you know that the people who are different from others, became the ones who comforts you. That is what I've learned from the past few weeks. Thank you. " I said while stepping out of the stage as I heard the applause from the people.

I went to my seat and I was surrounded by the words/sentences Congratulations, congrats, that was ravishing, we're so proud of you.

I was different from them.. But that doesn't mean I cannot fit in at all.