7 - 8

7. "Wife, it smells so good."

Aunt Wang quickly processed the duck, putting the organs together and cutting the duck into pieces.

"These intestines don't taste good, with a strong fishy smell, but they are considered a meat dish after all. Stir-fry them with some onions and ginger for another meal," Mrs. Wang said as she cut. "The duck neck is not very useful. There is not much meat and it's not very tasty, but I'll still save it for you. You can decide whether or not to make it. Mixing it with rice can make a meal."

It's not easy to eat meat these days. Although chickens, ducks, and geese can be raised at home, not every rural family can eat meat every day. Eating some meat is better than just eating vegetable leaves. Thinking of Cheng Yun's situation, Aunt Wang didn't dare to throw away the things for him.

Cheng Yun watched Aunt Wang's every step carefully, thinking that everything on the duck was good. He also wanted to make the duck neck. He had bought a lot of spices in town in the morning, but he hadn't made it before and wasn't sure how it would turn out, so he didn't say anything and just let Aunt Wang save it for him.

Soon, Aunt Wang finished processing the whole duck and taught Cheng Yun how to cook it. Cheng Yun had been thinking about his Five-Cup Duck the whole time, but he also remembered everything Aunt Wang had said and kept it in mind.

After finishing the work of slaughtering the duck, Aunt Wang didn't stay and bother them any longer. She mentioned to Wang Liang to follow Yang Hongjin to learn woodworking and left with him.

However, when Cheng Yun sorted out the things and took out the spices he had bought in the morning, Aunt Wang came in with a bowl in her hand. "Take these first. They are some rice bran and rice crumbs mixed with some vegetable leaves and soybean meal. They are all leftovers with a bad appearance. It's best to feed them to the chickens and ducks. When you have time, you can go to the river to catch some small fish and mix them with small stones. The ducks love them."

Cheng Yun paused for a moment and dumbly took the bowl Aunt Wang handed him, holding the heavy bowl in his hands and feeling heavy in his heart.

He felt his nose starting to tingle and sniffed. He smiled at Aunt Wang and said, "Thank you, Auntie." He cleared his throat and continued, "When the duck is ready later, I'll bring you a bowl to taste. And as for Hongjin, I'll ask him as soon as he comes back. As long as he can help, we will never refuse."

Aunt Wang smiled and agreed to his later words but didn't agree to the former. She said they could just keep it for themselves to eat.

After seeing off Aunt Wang, Cheng Yun still felt a bit dazed. He looked at the bowl of feed in his hand, and his heart couldn't calm down for a long time.

Not to mention this era, even in the past, he rarely encountered someone who cared about him so much without any blood relationship.

Cheng Yun's family was not harmonious since he was young. His parents divorced when he was very young, and later they each started a new family. They treated him like a football, kicking him back and forth. After he entered junior high school, he stayed in the school dormitory when he could and stayed at home for a few days during holidays. The thing he did the most was to take the money his parents gave him to the internet cafe and stay there for a whole day. No one cared where he went.

After coming to this world, he also thought about what his parents would think if they found out he was gone. But this idea only flashed through his mind for a moment, and he immediately laughed it off.

The past is gone, and now he has a new life, a new family, and everything is still good. There is no need to dwell on the past.

Because it is hard to come by, it is especially cherished.