15 - 16

15. "You two have a really good relationship."

After sending away the shopkeeper, Liu Wen finally had the chance to sit down and discuss the cooperation with Cheng Yun.

Cheng Yun was still angry from earlier, but Liu Wen's actions had eased his mood a little. He realized that this was a chance to negotiate with Liu Wen, and Cheng Yun was someone who could be flexible and adapt easily, so he would be able to adjust quickly after crossing over to this world.

He didn't show any expression on his face and continued to maintain his posture. He didn't rush to say that he would take Yang Hong in with him. Seeing that there was still room for negotiation, Liu Wen quickly seized the opportunity and asked the waiter to bring a pot of good Longjing tea and ordered three to five signature dishes. He then invited Cheng Yun and Yang Hong to sit down.

"Cheng-Ge'er, Brother Liu is here to apologize to you for today's matter. Everything was just a misunderstanding, and we have resolved it now. Let's put our minds at ease and discuss business." While pouring the tea, Liu Wen spoke. Yesterday, he had asked Cheng Yun to call him Liu Wen, and today, he changed it to Brother Liu, which reduced the distance between them.

Cheng Yun took the offer, poured a cup of tea for Yang Hongjin, comforting him with a few words before taking a sip of tea and saying, and said, "It's not your fault. Even the wisest man makes mistakes. Brother Liu is always so busy, and it's natural that you can't take care of everything."

"Right, that's exactly the point," replied Liu Wen, following the topic, just as the waiter brought the dishes. Cleverly avoiding the conversation, he said, "Come on, Cheng-Ge'er, try our restaurant's signature dishes. These are some of the best dishes in town, and many wealthy families feel uneasy if they don't eat them for a few days. They are no worse than the few dishes you have had."

There were three hot dishes and two cold dishes on the table, with fish, meat, and vegetables. Although Cheng Yun thought they were relatively simple compared to modern standards, they were considered excellent in this era. After evaluating for a moment, Cheng Yun became more confident in the cooperation he was going to discuss.

Liu Wen personally served him food and even put a chicken leg in Yang Hongjin's bowl, winking at him, telling him to eat quickly.

Yang Hongjin had not recovered from the argument just now and was still scared. He stuck close to Cheng Yun and glanced at Liu Wen from the corner of his eye, lowered his head, then glanced again after two seconds, found that the other party was still winking at him, and quickly lowered his head again.

Cheng Yun felt both heartache and amusement, patting his head and softly comforting him, "Don't be afraid. The bad guy has gone away. Are you hungry? Let's eat first."

"The bad guy ran away?" Yang Hongjin blinked his eyes and cautiously looked around, making sure that the "bad guy" was not around before his courage slowly returned. He then said to Cheng Yun, "The bad guy ran away!"

Cheng Yun said with a smile, "Yes, he did. Now let's eat. Can you eat on your own or do you want me to feed you?"

"I can do it," Yang Hongjin nodded his head and put a piece of meat in his mouth and chewed it twice as if afraid that Cheng Yun didn't believe him, "Wife, I can do it."

Seeing that he could eat by himself, Cheng Yun patted his head then picked up his chopsticks.He turned to look, only to find Liu Wen staring at him silently.

Feeling Cheng Yun's gaze, Liu Wen touched his nose and smiled, "You two have such a good relationship."

Liu Wen had been busy with his career and had not yet married. Although he was still young in modern times, in this era, he was considered to be late for marriage. Having seen many people in the village busy with their livelihoods and just living together carelessly, he had no thoughts of finding someone to settle down with. But now, he felt a desire to get married, inspired by this unusual couple.