21 - 22

21. "Having a temper"

Cheng Yun didn't know about Lin Yimu's rich psychological activity. He and Yang Hongjin each carried a large piece of wood and headed home.

Earlier, Aunt Wang had mentioned that she wanted Wang Liang to learn woodworking from Yang Hongjin. Cheng Yun had observed for a while and felt that Yang Hongjin did have some skills. So after they returned home, he asked Yang Hongjin to work on the wood piece, and he himself went to Aunt Wang's house.

Aunt Wang had just seen their figures and was very nervous. On one hand, she wanted to remind Cheng Yun of their previous agreement, but on the other hand, she was afraid that he would not want it and that saying too much would embarrass them. Unexpectedly, Cheng Yun came to the door soon after.

After thinking about it, Aunt Wang felt that Cheng was definitely here to talk about woodworking. She quickly patted Wang Liang sitting beside her and asked him to be clever.

"Aunt Wang, are you busy?" Cheng Yun knocked on the door and walked in.

"Not busy, not busy," Aunt Wang quickly greeted him and said, "Sit down quickly. Here, have a drink first."

"No need to be polite," Cheng Yun smiled. "I won't beat around the bush. I came here to talk about what we discussed last time, that is, letting Wang Liang learn woodworking from Hongjin."

Aunt Wang's eyes lit up when she heard it, and she looked at Cheng Yun with anticipation. "Go on."

"It's like this. We were busy in town for a while before, so we put this matter aside. Recently, our home was troubled by termites, and I remembered that you had mentioned that Hongjin knows woodworking."

Cheng Yun first explained that he didn't intentionally delay it, and then said, "I asked Hongjin to try it out first. I haven't seen him do these things before, and I don't know if he has the skills to teach others. I was afraid that if Wang Liang came and couldn't learn anything, it would be a waste of your time."

"Cheng-Ge'er, you're too modest. The furniture made by your family's Hongjin is top-notch," Aunt Wang interjected. "I've seen it with my own eyes before. If it weren't for Hongjin's second brother holding her back, that troublemaker Li Fengjiao would have dragged him to town to work as a laborer."

Cheng Yun raised his eyebrows, surprised by this new information. However, he had never considered sending Yang Hongjin out to work and earn money to support the family, at least not now.

"These days, he made a chair by himself, and it looks pretty good. We've been using it at home for two days, and there haven't been any major issues. Coincidentally, our tables and chairs were infested with termites a few days ago, so today we went to the back mountain and brought back some wood to make a new set of furniture."

"He's starting from scratch this time. I thought if Wang Liang doesn't mind, he could learn alongside us," Then Cheng Yun quickly added when he saw Aunt Wang's excitement. "But you know Hongjin's situation, he can't teach Wang Liang by hand. He can only work by himself while Wang Liang watches. And if there's anything he doesn't understand, Hongjin may not be able to explain it to him. If you think that's okay, we can start anytime."

Aunt Wang had been waiting for this opportunity for so long. Nowadays, people hide everything they know, fearing that someone else will learn it and take away their unique skills. If someone wanted to become an apprentice, thry would have to spend a lot of money. And after they became a master, they would also have to share their earnings with their teacher.

It's not that she doesn't want to give Yang Hongjin a share, but she feels that outside teachers are not familiar with the roots and don't know how effective their teachings are. On the other hand, she trusts Cheng Yun and his husband, who won't use this against them. If Wang Liang doesn't understand or can't learn something the first time, he can watch it a few more times. Eventually, he will be able to learn the skills.