29 - 30

29. "My wife's drink is tasty!"

On that afternoon, the sour plum soup made by Cheng Bao'er and Wang Liang was officially completed. Holding the ice-cold sour plum soup cooled by well water, one could feel a refreshing sensation even before sipping it.

Cheng Bao'er and Wang Liang couldn't wait to scoop a cup and give it a try. This was the result of their joint effort, and it had a different meaning.

The sour and sweet taste of the sour plum soup on the palate, with the fragrance of sweet-scented osmanthus, brought a refreshing feeling that swept away the summer heat and boredom.

At first, Cheng Bao'er was a little worried, afraid that what he made would be different from what his elder brother made, not to mention wasting the ingredients and possibly having to redo it. However, after tasting the finished product, he finally breathed a sigh of relief.

Likewise, Wang Liang was also very surprised and delighted. Drinking the sour plum soup, he felt very satisfied and couldn't help boasting, "This is the sour plum soup we made together. I didn't expect it to be successful on the first try!"

After saying this, he couldn't help but try to recover from his earlier mistake, "Tomorrow, you and Brother Cheng should go to Yueqiong Tower. You will definitely be successful!"

Upon hearing this, Cheng Bao'er was also happy, smiling with two small dimples appearing on his lips, making Wang Liang like him more and more.

Cheng Yun also scooped two cups, handed one to Yang Hongjin first, and then lowered his head to drink.

Cheng Bao'er looked at him nervously, waiting for his response, and asked eagerly, "Elder Brother, what do you think?"

Looking at his nervous and expectant expression, Cheng Yun smiled, patted his head, and said, "It's very delicious, and successful."

Upon hearing this, Cheng Bao'er finally felt relieved.

However, some people were happy while some were worried. Yang Hongjin, who had been following behind Cheng Yun all along, saw his wife touching someone else's head and immediately became upset!

He reached out his long arm, pulled Cheng Yun's hand that was on Cheng Bao'er's head down, and tightly held it in his own hand, frowning and saying, "My wife's drink is tasty."

Cheng Yun was stunned, not yet understanding what was going on. Meanwhile, Cheng Bao'er, who had heard what Yang Hongjin said, became anxious and asked a series of questions, "Brother Yang, what did I do wrong? What's wrong with the taste? Is it very bad? Is it hard to drink?"

Asking several questions in a row, Cheng Bao'er confused Yang Hongjin, who stood still holding Cheng Yun's hand, like a helpless child, having forgotten why he was angry in the first place.

Cheng Yun was the first to react, he squeezed Yang Hongjin's hand with a mix of amusement and anger, and turned to Cheng Bao'er, saying, "Don't listen to him, he's just talking nonsense. You did a great job, and the taste is very similar to mine. There's hardly any difference."

"But, but..." Cheng Bao'er was confused this time. "What was Brother Yang saying just now?"

"He was just joking," Cheng Yun reassured Cheng Bao'er. He then arranged for them to pack up everything they needed to bring for tomorrow and set the time for them to come over early in the morning and leave for Tengyun Town together with the things.

After everything was settled, he let Cheng Bao'er and Wang Liang take some sour plum soup home, and after seeing them off, Cheng Yun sat down with Yang Hongjin.

He withdrew his hand that had been held by Yang Hongjin and crossed his arms, pretending to be angry, "How could you say such things? Bao'er worked hard to make the sour plum soup, and he was worried he couldn't do it well. You shouldn't have discouraged him."