13 - 14

13. The lion opens a big mouth.

With Yang Hongjin, Cheng Yun had more time to spare and didn’t have to rush home to cook. They could also have lunch in town before returning home. However, it was only Cheng Yun’s second time in town, and he had to bring along Yang Hongjin, who was like a child. In just one morning, he experienced the feeling of being a mother.

“Sit down and wait for me. I’ll be ready soon, and then we can leave,” Cheng Yun said before leaving with Yang Hongjin. Yang Hongjin was overjoyed and followed Cheng Yun closely. With such a small space, Cheng Yun could easily bump into him, which annoyed him after a few times.

Even when Cheng Yun scolded him, Yang Hongjin remained happy and even held Cheng Yun’s hand, saying, “Wife, let’s go.”

Cheng Yun was amused and annoyed at the same time. After quickly finishing their food and leaving it in a corner to deal with later, Cheng Yun grabbed his money bag and said, “Alright, alright, let’s go.”

Although Yang Hongjin had followed Yang Hongcai into town before, it wasn’t often. Yang Hongcai was afraid that he might get into trouble and always told him to follow him closely. When he was in an unfamiliar place, Yang Hongjin was even more afraid of doing something wrong and being punished.

However, when he went out with Cheng Yun this time, he knew that Cheng Yun wouldn’t scold or punish him, so he was excited and happy all the way. He was like a child going on a field trip, and even when he saw a butterfly, he would shout, “Wife, come and see!”

Cheng Yun was both amused and annoyed, but he let him be happy.

After half an hour, they arrived in town, where the streets were already bustling with people. Yang Hongjin watched a candied hawthorn seller for a long time, even turning around to look after passing by. Cheng Yun teased him, “Do you know what that is?”

Yang Hongjin replied earnestly, “I know, it’s candied hawthorn. It’s delicious.”

“Have you tried it before?” Cheng Yun asked.

Yang Hongjin nodded, reminiscing about the taste. “My brother bought it once before, and it was delicious.”

Seeing that Yang Hongjin really liked it, Cheng Yun estimated that a string of candied hawthorn wasn’t too expensive and they will soon earn some money. So, after some thought, he took him hand and led him back jutted his chin and said, “Come on, pick your own.”

Yang Hongjin’s eyes lit up with excitement, and he happily picked the ones he liked. Then he handed them to Cheng Yun and said, “Wife, try them.”

Cheng Yun was taken aback, blushed a little, took a bite, and then waved his hand to let Yang Hongjin eat it by himself. The seller smiled and said, “You two have a great relationship.”

Cheng Yun quickly paid and nodded at the seller before pulling Yang Hongjin away. After walking for a while, Cheng Yun, embarrassed and annoyed, turned his head to look at the idiot again.

“Wife, want to eat?” Yang Hongjin thought that Cheng Yun wanted to eat candied hawthorn, so he generously offered his own to him.

Cheng Yun instantly lost his temper and took a small bite of it, feeling the sweetness in his mouth and in his heart.

The two of them then arrived at Liu Wen’s restaurant, which had a grand signboard above the entrance with the three big characters “Yueqiong Tower” written on it. Cheng Yun had only passed by outside last time and glanced at it, but upon closer inspection, he found that the decoration at the entrance was extremely exquisite.

There was a small pond to the right of the entrance with a small artificial mountain in it, and several ornamental carp swimming inside. On each side of the entrance were two small but imposing stone lions. On the left-hand side upon entering was the shopkeeper’s counter, where many auspicious items such as Pixiu and Qilin were placed. It seemed that Liu Wen was someone who had studied Fengshui.