27 - 28

27. "Using the speech spirit"

After Cheng Yun finished, he had the two of them repeat the steps and key points that he had demonstrated.

Cheng Bao'er first said what he had paid close attention to, memorized every detail, and had went through it once without making any mistakes.

Wang Liang was not as careful as Cheng Bao'er, but luckily, he had watched Cheng Yun do it once yesterday and had just heard Cheng Bao'er repeat it again. So he managed to muddle through without making too many mistakes.

Cheng Yun nodded and said, "Don't think that my requirements are too demanding. We don't have a lot of materials, so we can't waste them."

Cheng Bao'er naturally understood this principle and thought the arrangement was good. Once he became familiar with the process, he would feel more at ease. When Cheng Yun actually let them do it on their own, he was a bit scared and worried that he would waste the materials.

Cheng Yun poured the sour plum soup they had made earlier, freeing up space for them to work, while he stood behind and watched. Cheng Bao'er, who had just recited the recipe perfectly, became flustered as soon as he started to work.

"Don't be nervous, I'm here watching," Cheng Yun patted his shoulder to encourage him, "And you, Xia'er, don't just stand there, discuss and work together."

Cheng Bao'er looked up at Wang Liang, who suddenly became nervous when he wasn't before, "I, I..."

Seeing someone even more nervous than he was, Cheng Bao'er secretly breathed a sigh of relief and smiled, revealing a small dimple, then took the initiative to invite, "Let's do it together."

"Okay!" Wang Liang's eyes lit up, and he straightened up, looking at Cheng Bao'er with a burning gaze.

If Cheng Yun couldn't see that Wang Liang had some feelings for Cheng Bao'er at this point, he would have wasted many years as a human being.

He stood behind them, as if watching a show, and rubbed his chin as he carefully considered the matter.

He knew quite a bit about Wang Liang's family. They had good living conditions, but with his sister having married out, Wang Liang was the only child left in the family. Wang Daniu and his wife were also friendly, so there shouldn't be any major problems with in-law relationships if Cheng Bao'er were to marry into their family.

Wang Liang was now learning woodworking from that idiot, and in the future, he would have a skill to earn a living and support Cheng Bao'er. He himself could also take care of Cheng's family, with a little help here and there. With all this, he could bring Wang Liang's family along and get rich together.

Upon reflection, pairing these two together isn't a bad idea. From Wang Liang's reaction, it seems he quite likes Cheng Bao'er. Wang Liang is also a simple person, with good family education, and with Cheng Yun watching from behind, he doesn't have to worry that Cheng Bao'er will be treated badly in the future.

For now, he can't tell if Cheng Bao'er has feelings for Wang Liang, but with effort, anything can be achieved as long as he doesn't dislike him.

Cheng Yun takes care of Yang Hongjin as a "mother", and now he's taking care of Cheng Bao'er as a "father". He unexpectedly felt the burden of being a parent, but surprisingly, he felt pretty good about it.

He silently watched the two interact, Cheng Bao'er was cautious in every step he took, fearing that he would make a mistake, while Wang Liang wasn't worried. Cheng Bao'er stood next to him, whispering softly, making Wang Liang's ears itch and causing him to scratch his head and rub his nose, appearing even more nervous than Cheng Bao'er.