33 - 34

33.
After finalizing the matter, Cheng Yun wasted no time and directly asked Liu Wen to clear a space in the first-floor lobby. He set up a stall with Cheng Bao'er to sell sour plum soup.

Cheng Bao'er was still immersed in the joy of a four-yuan cup, following Cheng Yun absentmindedly. It wasn't until everything was arranged and they officially started selling that he gradually came back to his senses.

Yueqiong Tower truly lived up to its reputation as the most popular restaurant in Nanming City. It was an hour until noon, yet the seating rate in the restaurant was already over 100%. Cheng Yun stood there and observed for a while, realizing that more than eighty percent of the people ordered a dish of pine nut fish.

Seeing his dish so popular with his own eyes, Cheng Yun finally breathed a sigh of relief and felt more confident about the upcoming dishes they would introduce to the market.

The space Liu Wen cleared for the Cheng brothers wasn't large, but the location was excellent. If they made the sour plum soup well, it would not only bring in new customers but also generate more business, serving as a significant promotion for Yueqiong Tower in the short term.

Therefore, Liu Wen directly arranged for them to set up the stall near the entrance. This way, everyone who entered the restaurant would be curious, and even pedestrians on the street could have a taste.

At the beginning, there were indeed quite a few curious people, whether they were pedestrians or customers entering the restaurant, they would look around. However, there weren't many who were willing to spend money and make a purchase. Although Liu Wen had instructed the restaurant staff to help them out and then leave, Cheng Bao'er, who had just started working, became a bit nervous when he saw that their business was not doing well.

On the other hand, the elder brother, who was joking around, remained calm and showed no signs of worry that their items wouldn't sell and tarnish their reputation. This made Cheng Bao'er both distressed and helpless.

After another quarter of an hour passed without a single penny earned, Cheng Bao'er couldn't sit still any longer.

He tugged on Cheng Yun's sleeve and whispered, "Big brother, we still haven't sold a single cup of sour plum soup. Is everything really okay?"

Cheng Yun was currently teasing Yang Hongjin. The guy had been clinging to him in front of others earlier, embarrassing him. Cheng Yun took the opportunity to tap him lightly.

Yang Hongjin pouted, looking aggrieved, and said, "That man is not my younger brother. He was grabbing my wife's hand!"

"My hand isn't made of gold. Why can't he grab it?" Cheng Yun tapped his head and said, "Besides, haven't you seen Boss Liu before? You used to come to his shop frequently. Did you forget that he treated you to delicious food and drinks every day?"

"Forgot!" Yang Hongjin sulked.

Cheng Yun suppressed his laughter and pinched his face, saying, "Liars have long noses."

Yang Hongjin's face swelled up with anger, but he was also afraid his nose would actually grow longer. He secretly covered his nose and protested, "But he still can't hold my wife's hand!"

Cheng Yun wanted to continue teasing him, but he was interrupted by Cheng Bao'er.

Upon hearing Cheng Bao'er's words, Cheng Yun reassured him, "Don't worry, someone will come eventually."

"But..." Cheng Bao'er couldn't help but feel nervous. After all, this was his first time doing business, and he was using Cheng Yun's name. Earlier, when they talked with Boss Liu, he hadn't forgotten the skeptical look in Boss Liu's eyes.