Chapter 23

The week following Sean's death caused a heavy cloud to hang over the camp. As much as the other men wanted to pretend they didn't like Sean they knew he was the light of the camp. You were sat next to John, wearing a new everyday dress you had bought the day Sean was killed. "You know, I haven't told you how well you suit bein' pregnant. Especially in that dress." John complimented you resting his hand on your stomach. You smiled starting to reply before being interrupted by a yell from Lenny. "Dutch we've got a problem!" Lenny walked behind two men dressed in suit, the lead man introduced himself as Agent Milton, the other man as Agent Ross.

John stood up, you followed standing beside him resting your hand on your belly. "Ah, bringing children into this world. How wonderful." Agent Milton commented taking notice of you. "Young lady, do you believe it's the right thing to bring a child into this life? Into this gang of uncivilized killers?" John steadied himself, stopping the agent from saying anymore, "Don't bring my...wife and child into this." He seemed shocked to call you is wife, although you weren't married yet he had started to refer to you as Mrs. Marston and his wife for the past while.

The group had now started to surround the two agents, John pulled out his revolvers handing you one in case things went awry. He had stood in front of you blocking your view from the agents but you could still hear them scold and threaten each and every one of you. After the men left, Arthur and John set out to go found a new camp. You regretfully packed up your clothes and belonging as you waited to move once again. You attempted to lift a chest onto the wagon but you found it to be too heavy. Your stubbornness kept you from asking for help so you continued to try to lift it onto the wagon. "Can I help you with that, Miss. L/n." You looked over to see Micah standing near by, you sighed through your nose. "It's Marston, and I suppose." Micah lifted the chest onto the wagon, "It ain't Marston yet, I've still got a chance, Miss. L/n." He said at the same time winking. You rolled your eyes disgusted, huffing as you walked away, you knew you shouldn't have even spoke to that man. He never had any good intentions of just helping.

"Now wait, wait, Miss. L/n. Just wait." Micah said jogging over to stop in front of you. "I-I promise you, I still can prove that I'm a good-." You held your hand in front of him, stopping him in the middle of his sentence. "You don't need to be proving anything to me, John is who I love. I don't want to be with a man who-who, forces himself onto woman and hits them. Which I may remind you Mr. Bell, you have done both to me!" Your voice started to rise throughout the sentence, finishing it yelling at Micah. You pushed past him as you left Micah dumbfounded where he stood. You were angry and stressed over his advances, why couldn't he realize you loved John and you were committed to only him? Your thoughts were interrupted by John riding back into camp. "Dutch, we've got a place ready. I'll show you the way when you're ready." He announced across the camp. He scanned the camp looking for you, when his eyes found you he smiled softly and started towards you. "Arthur has found a good place, it's a house. We'll have our own room, it's going to be good for you and me." You sighed, "This was supposed to be a good place for us, John." You said waving your hand around the now almost empty camp. John straightened his posture, "I know, A-And it was. But that's what happens living this-this life." You pursed your lips, looking at John angry. "I-I didn't ask to live this life, I almost killed myself and fell at your damn feet and now I have to raise a child in this life!" John's face showed offense as he felt you were implying that your entire relationship and child were a mistake. "What the hell do you want me to do?" He asked angrily.

You looked down at your stomach, "I want to feel safe, John. I don't believe I ask much." John huffed, "I do my damndest every day to keep you safe. I do what you ask, the circumstances ain't in my control." He tossed his hands in the air and walked away. He was right, he did try his hardest, he couldn't control what happened. You were still angry with him and everyone around you. You couldn't decide whether it was pregnancy hormones or stress but you weren't wasting time deciding. It was time to leave for the new camp, you got onto the back of John's horse, sitting behind him. He turned to look back at you, "You aren't riding back there, not safe. Get up here." He scolded. You rolled your eyes getting off the horse and back on in front of him, crossing your arms as he rode out of camp.

You didn't speak the John the entire ride to the new camp, named Shady Belle. John kept telling you how great the camp was ignoring the fact that you weren't listening to him. The more he spoke the more irritated you became, John remained oblivious and continued to ramble. You were close to snapping from anger before you arrived at Shady Belle. You jumped down off the horse needing to be away from John right now, you grabbed what you could carry off the wagon walking to the doors. "Where's our room?" You asked Arthur quickly, Arthur directed you up the stairs making sure not to ask what was wrong, he didn't feel like being on the wrong side of your attitude right now. You dropped the items you were carrying on the floor, deciding to busy yourself with unpacking so you wouldn't have to speak to John.

You looked around the room taking in what was left of the broken down home. John entered the room carrying the chest of clothes. "Where you want these?" You pointed to a closet in the corner, avoiding eye contact with him. John grunted sitting down the chest, he then walked up behind you wrapping his arms around you. "You can't stay mad at me forever." He spoke into your neck, sending a shudder down your spine. It filled your mind of memories from the passion filled fishing trip from all that time ago in Valentine. John chuckled feeling you shake underneath his strong arms. He turned you around to face him, pulling you into a kiss. He slowly walked backwards pulling you towards the bed, sitting you down and then laying you on your back crawling on top of you. He leaned down to kiss you but quickly realized your stomach was now in the way. He laughed before maneuvering around to kiss you. Passion soon fell over the two of you, he pulled a blanket over himself. He undid his jeans lifting your dress, he pulled your panties to the side teasing your entrance.

"God damn it, John. Quit that." You begged, His eyes darkened looking up at you. He slid himself into you slowly. You moaned, John shushed you. "You gotta be quiet darlin'. You don't want us gettin' caught do you?" Your breath quickened as his pace increased, he looked into your eyes smiling as he quietly grunted against you.

"Mr. Marston! Miss. L/n!" Mrs. Grimshaw yelled from downstairs. John smiled taking this as a challenge to finish before she came upstairs. He accelerated his pace to go as fast as he could, slamming into you. You heard footsteps coming up the stairs, John smiled as he pushed into one more time, you felt his cock pulse inside of you as his eyes rolled into the back of his head. He pulled out, quickly redressing himself as she rounded the corner you rolled to your side, sitting up, and flinging your dress back down as she entered the room.

"Miss. Grimshaw, what can I do for ya'?" John said grinning as sweat pasted hair to his forehead. She looked between the two of you as you smiled sheepishly, "Um, you still have things downstairs." She said awkwardly, John stood up. You noticed his hard cock was still prominent through his pants, "I'll come down there and get it right away, thank you." He smiled crossing his hands in front of his crotch.

The older woman slowly backed out of the room nodding as she retreated back downstairs. John gave you a wink as he left the room to retrieve the rest of your things.