Chapter 6- Laval

After Cragger and I were done with Skinnet we headed home, since we both wanted to tell Eris what skinnet had told us, he spent the night with me. It was about 4AM by the time we got back and the celebration had only slightly died down. We made our way up to my room, I didn't have any sleeping bags on me so he had to sleep in my bed with me, at least it was king sized, befitting. Shortly after I climbed in I fell asleep, didn't even get any covers on me.

The moment I closed my eyes it felt like they were open again and morning was there, like I blinked and 4 hours had passed, sadly only 4. When I woke I felt a weight on my back and my breathing was restricted, I looked back and saw Cragger clinging to my back and his head nuzzled in my mane in between my neck and shoulder. My body temperature shot up and  I started to blush. He was still asleep and looked comfortable so i fell back asleep to, I must admit that I liked it too. I was so comfortable I could've stayed like this all day, but the sun in my eyes and my hunger forced me awake, it seem like the sun woke Cragger too.

"Mornin' bud." I said to get his attention.

"Oh... uhh my bad." He replied, noticing the position he was in.

"Mind explaining?" I questioned.

"It was a little cold last night."  He answered with a little shake in his voice.

"I didn't think it was" I replied, questioning his reason.

"That's because you're used to how cold it is in here, and you have fur, and you're warm blooded. So I thought you'd provide enough warmth to keep me from freezing." He replied.

"Well I suppose that does make sense," I said "we should probably get out of bed and eat something, I'm pretty hungry."

We got out of bed and went to the hallway, on our way down we ran into Eris.

"Hey Eris, didn't know you stayed the night here too." I said questioningly.

"Yeah, most people from last night cleared out already but there's still a lot more." Eris explained.

"Really? Didn't think this place could hold that many people." I replied.

"Well most of them just fell asleep on one of the tables or benches but the barracks are massive, easily enough beds for me, the guards, and anyone who was awake enough to drag themselves there. But yeah, this place is massive!" She exclaimed.

"You're right about that. Not just the barracks but who knows what else is down there." I said. "I'd tell you more about what I saw down there at breakfast, I'm hungry."

"Alright, let's go down to the market district and see if there's anything good leftovers from last night." Eris said as she walked past me and Cragger.

We went down together and passed through the gates to the market district to what looked like an past warzone. Among the strewn bodies of the still sleeping patrons, unscathed, trampled, bloody, beaten and all manner of injury and torn and mangled shop tents we saw one person standing; an exhausted looking gorilla standing watch over an untouched fruit stand and Gorzan with a bloody hammer.

"What the hell happened here?!" Cragger exclaimed. "We were gone for a few hours last night and a battle breaks out!"

Gorzan spoke up with exhaustion in his voice. "someone let some of the hunters out of their cages, nobody cared about that much since they weren't causing any trouble then. Until they got hungry and they were refused food, then they got real angry and they stole the food; a fight broke out, one thing led to another and they had to get the guards in here to calm things down." He explained to us, stopping for a breath a couple times.

"Are they... alive?" Eris said worryingly.

"Most of 'em should be, might've hit one or two a bit harder than the rest when they got to close, but that's cus they got swords somehow." Gorzan replied dismissively.