Chapter 20- Lennox

Warning: depictions of battle and gore

I stood on the wall looking out into the distance, watching Laval and his friends ride off to whatever that city was called. Even though I was a mechanic I was assigned to guard duty for the camp and some eagle replaced me as mechanic. Can't blame them though after years of working on tanks and a whole lot of other stuff I've built up quite a bit of muscle, along with my imposing size, even for a lion, I made a good candidate.

"Something wrong?" A voice from behind me said. I turned around and saw Leonidas behind me, he continued to speak. "Didn't you hear the news? While 'Val and Eris are off in the city we've been placed in charge!"

"Really? Didn't know." I said uninterested.

"Are you still mad you're on guard duty instead of..."

It's that damned bird's fault!" I said interrupting him. "He comes up to our home completely uninvited and with an entire army hot on his ass seeking our protection?! If it weren't for him we wouldn't be on this wild goose chase trying to find the bastard he lured up to us. I hope they dump him at that city and let him find the snake."

"So your still mad about him taking your job back at home?"

"Of course I am!"

"Well now that he's gone for now you can work on as many tanks as you want." He reassured me. "Besides, I don't think he's all that bad."

"It's not about the tanks, it's about the respect. The moment he bent that metal like it was rubber, no one cared about me and they all thought he was better."

"Bah, a couple magic tricks at best, seen one you've seen them all. Besides they respect you for other things too, like that time you fended off the garage with nothing but a monkey wrench, a box of nails and the air compressor, or the time you performed the fastest tribe stone change the monthly Speedor has ever seen, or the fact that you're Laval's brother, or..." he went on blabbing until I interrupted him.

"Alright alright I get, besides that last one is a secret, no one knows about that."

"The only kind of secret it is is an open one."

"What? How did anyone else know? It's not like I'm very similar with La'Gravis."

"He said you take after your mother mostly. I wouldn't argue against that since None of us know what she looks like, so I'll just take his word for it. Go check out what Fangar's doing, I've got this section of the wall stationed."

I walked around the wall to the back gate where Fangar was standing like he was taking in the sights.

"You lost?" I called out to him jokingly.

"On the contrary Lennox, I'm more home than I've ever felt!" He replied.

"You're from here and not Chima? Then how'd you get frozen?"

"When your pa had what little subjects he had move up to that rock, the native inhabitants weren't to happy. One thing led to another and my troops got trapped in the gorge." 

"What do you mean by natives? I thought the Chi created us?"

"Oh it did, just not the way you think, as for the natives that's a whole other story I'll tell ya if we get the time."

"Alright, well I was told you were taking over my post for awhile, you good on that?" I asked him. He said he knew what to do and that was the end of that.

I walked off the wall to the kitchen. I went to go sit down and relax for a bit but it wasn't long before some commotion started to grow at Fangar's post.