Chapter 2- Falling For A Thug

"When life knocks you down, try to land on your back. Because if you can look up, you can get up."
-Les Brown

When school let out I quickly made my way to the bathroom to change clothes. I have a class to teach at the dance studio and I need to be there in thirty minutes or else I'll be late, and I can't stand to let people down. Dancing helps me earn money for myself since my mom takes everything that my dad sends me. But I also love what I do so that's a bonus.

I changed into a pair of spandex and a short sleeved shirt before putting my vans back on and quickly leaving the bathroom. As I hurried down the hall I could hear people arguing not too far away from me and I couldn't help but wonder who they were.

When I made out the voices to be Blaze and Sasha, my heart rate sped up. I didn't want to walk by them but they were standing next to the exit and I had no choice. I planned on just walking right by them so I could leave but I stopped when I heard them say my name.

"So you wanna tell me why I saw that girl Monique getting out of your truck this morning?" I overheard her ask him.

"I was just being nice," he said calmly causing her to scoff.

"When are you ever nice?"

"Obviously I was being nice this morning cause I gave the girl a ride. It was storming outside, I couldn't just drive past her. Why am I even explaining myself to you? We ain't in no fucking relationship."

"Yes we are and you know this!" I heard her yell. I stood there and thought about how crazy Sasha sounds right now. I hope she knows that she's only making a fool out of herself right now.

My phone flashed and when I saw the time, I realized I had to leave now if I didn't want to be late to work.

"Excuse me," I mumbled quietly as I tried to walk past them as quickly as possible. They immediately silenced their conversation as I did so. While trying to get by, Sasha grabbed my arm to stop me and I looked at her with a brow rose.

"Don't forget what we talked about this morning," she warned. I snatched my arm away from her and left so that I could go to the parking lot in front of the school. I could care less about what she has to say.

"Aye Monique!" I heard someone yell from across the parking lot causing me to stop and look around. It was my best friend Trey.

"I can't talk right now, I really need to go-"

"Where you going with them clothes on?" he asked causing me to pull my spandex down nervously.

"I have to go to work and you're making me late."

"Alright, let me drive you then," he offered pulling me across the parking lot to his car before I could even protest. I'm glad he offered to give me a ride though because if I walked I knew I'd be late.

"So, words out that you messing with that nigga Blaze," he started as he pulled out onto the main road. I groaned loudly out of frustration.

"He only gave me a ride to school, that was it. We've never even talked before today," I told him honestly. I hate how much people gossip here is in this town. Don't they have anything else better to do?

"Alright, alright, don't be getting mad at me. I'm just telling you what I heard," he said holding his hands up in surrender, I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not getting mad," I mumbled.

"Why you been ignoring me? I've texted you and I've called you."

"I haven't been ignoring you. I've just been busy."