Chapter 6- Falling For A Thug

There's going to come a time when you learn to be heartless. Only to protect yourself.

~Monique~

When I woke up I was unfamiliar with my surroundings. As far as I remembered, I fell asleep on the couch last night because I couldn't find my way to my bedroom since I forgot where it was.

When I tried to sit up, something heavy was pulling me down on my waist. Confused I looked down to see a muscular, light tatted arm draped across my torso holding me tightly. I snapped my head to the side and froze when I saw Blazes' head snuggled into the crook of my neck as he slept facing towards me.

I could feel my face heating up as I looked down at him. His pink, plump lips were slightly parted as he slept and I could hear his soft breathing.

He's so pretty.

But I knew that I had to get up, cause if I don't, it's only going to make my feelings for him grow. I can't put myself in situations where I can possibly get hurt again, cause physically and emotionally I don't think that I can take it anymore.

So there's a possibility that I'm about to become the biggest bitch in the world, but oh well. I have to do what I have to do to protect myself.

I carefully removed Blazes' arm from around me as gentle as I could. The last thing I wanted to do was wake him up because that would be awkward. Once I was up from the bed I left his room and I walked down the hall to my room and closed the door behind me.

I took a deep breath before grabbing everything I needed for a shower and walked into the adjoined bathroom to undress.

I cried in the shower, I didn't really want to but I couldn't help it. No words are able to describe the hurt I feel right now. It's unexplainable.

After staying in the shower for almost an hour, I got dressed for school. I covered up the bruise on my face with a little makeup before grabbing my phone and backpack so I could leave the room. I decided to leave my curly hair at its natural state at its natural state since I didn't have anything to curl it with.

As I was walking out of my room I quickly stepped back as I bumped into something, or someone I guess I should say.

"You ready?" I looked at him and noticed that he was already dressed.

"Where are you going?" I asked him.

"Well it's a thing called college that I attend and it starts in an hour, so I have to get going. You want a ride to school, right?"

"Um, yeah sure," I mumbled following behind him down the stairs. I waited while he got his keys before going with him to his truck.

"I didn't know you were in college," I spoke, looking at him as we drove down his driveway. His scent was in the car and honestly, he smelled amazing.

"Baby, there's a lot of things you don't know about me," he chuckled. I could feel my cheeks heat up at the fact he called me baby.

Don't get all happy, he probably didn't even mean to say it. Stop falling for him.

"Call me if you need anything," he told me as he dropped me off in the front of the school. I nodded at him and muttered a small 'thanks' before heading inside and ignoring all of the stares that I was currently receiving.

First and second period I sat in the back of the classroom ignoring everybody. I didn't want to talk to anyone, the only thing that I could think about was, what was I going to do? It'll only be a matter of time before Blaze gets tired of me staying with him. The one thing I really want to do is move in with my dad, then I'll feel safe and loved for sure. But he stays down all the way in Florida.