Chapter 7- Falling For A Thug

Head Up
Stay Stong
Fake A Smile
Move On

"So, this is where you've been? With him?" my mom snarled at me as she looked back and forth between Blaze and I.

I didn't answer because I was too scared to say anything. It was like my body went into shock. This is the first time I've seen her since everything and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do right now. What I do know is that I want her as far away from me as possible.

"Come on, you're leaving with me," she snapped as she roughly grabbed my arm and I winced.

"No, mama please! I don't wanna go!" I cried out. She brought her hand up to slap me and I quickly closed my eyes and flinched, waiting for the pain that never came. I opened an eye and saw Blaze holding her wrist tightly so she wouldn't hit me. He had a deadly look on his face as he stared at her.

"Let her go," he demanded. My moms eyes widened as she looked at him.

"You can't tell me what to do with my daughter-"

"How much you wanna fucking bet? I don't like repeating things twice, now. I said let her go."

Surprisingly, she let go and took a step back away from us. As soon as she released me Blaze grabbed me gently and pushed me behind him, protecting me from her.

"Monique, come on. We leaving," I heard her say after a while, I began to panic. I really don't want to go with her.

"Please don't make me go with her, please," I begged to him.

"She's not going anywhere with you, so I advise you to walk away now and never bother her again, or things won't end too well for you," he easily threatened her.

"This isn't over," she snapped before storming off. Once she was gone relief filled me that I wouldn't have to look at her anymore.

Blaze reached an arm back and pulled me into him, holding me close as I shook with fear from seeing my mother again after so long.

"I'm not gon' let her hurt you again," he mumbled as he picked me up in his arms and carried me to his truck.

"You promise?" I sniffed, looking up at him.

"I promise," he confirmed, giving me a small smile. He placed me in the truck and put my seat belt on for me before he got in and took off. He reached his hand over and put it over mine that was currently resting on my lap in hopes to comfort me. I stared down at our intwined hands with an unfamiliar feeling rushing through me.

Stop catching feelings, he doesn't want you, it's so obvious he only feels sorry for you.

I sighed at what I was thinking in my head and looked out the window. How am I not supposed to fall for him when he constantly protects me and shows me that he cares? I've never had anyone do anything like this for me before who didn't have to. I've always been used to Trey because he's always been there and we've known each other for so long. But Blaze doesn't have to do this

Maybe I need to get away for awhile.

Next week we're out of school for Thanksgiving break and I'm supposed to be going with my dad. Maybe I can get a break from Blaze then and have some one on one time with my dad to talk to him.

Trey💕: Want me to pick you up for school tomorrow?

No, I have a ride. Thanks tho ☺️

"You straight?" Blaze asked me once we pulled up to his house, I nodded.

"Yeah, I think I'm just gonna eat in the room so I can finish my homework," I said and he nodded. When I went to get out the truck he stopped me.