Chapter 43- Falling For A Thug

When I saw you, I was afraid to meet you. When I met you, I was afraid to kiss you. When I kissed you, I was afraid to love you. Now that I love you, I'm afraid to lose you.

~Monique~

"I know about you and Nicki," I confessed causing him to tense. Slowly, his eyes met mine and he rose a brow in confusion.

"What is it that you know, exactly?" He asked calmly, I shrugged and continued to run my fingers through the soft, small curls on his head.

"That you two hooked up. I had a feeling it was someone but I didn't know it was her until I put two and two together earlier."

"Monique-"

"How many times are you going to keep doing this?"

"Listen to me-"

"Listen to what? More of your lies?" I snapped as I got up and moved him from off of me. "I refuse to keep doing this same shit, Blaze. I don't deserve this. After everything that I've been through, you out of everyone should know that there's only so much more than I can take."

"Mookie, I was going to tell you. I promise," he tried to say as he attempted to reach out and grab my arm, but I pulled away. "It was a mistake, I was drunk and I regret it more than everything else. Believe me, baby. Please."

"That's not going to work on me."

"We were on a break-"

"So that's supposed to make it better?" I asked letting out a laugh as I tried to fight my tears. "While I was sitting at home pregnant with your child, you were out fucking anyone who would open their legs to you. And that shows how much respect you have for me."

"Please don't say that-"

"Don't say what? The truth? You're so full of it," I scoffed.

"I know that I fuck up, and I put you through way more shit than you deserve and I'm sorry. Believe me, I'm so fucking sorry. It'll never happen again. Look at me when I'm talking to you."

"No, because the second I do something that you don't like you act like the got damn world is ending. I'm tired of hearing the same thing over and over."

"Mookie-"

"Stop calling me that," I mumbled trying to walk by him and he quickly pulled me back to him.

"You're not leaving this room until we talk this out. I'm not losing you."

"Should've thought of that before you decided to go fuck someone else."

"Please tell me what I can do to make it better," he begged tugging his hair and closing his eyes. Just as he did and before I could respond, Adrianna's soft cries filled the room causing me to let out a sigh. Before I could do anything my phone began ringing so I grabbed it and saw that it was my dad calling.

"Uh-"

"Answer it, I'll take care of her."

"Hello?" I answered the phone while ignoring the way Blaze was looking at me.

"Hey, sweetheart, I'm glad you answered. How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine," while talking I glanced at Blaze and watched him as he changed Adrianna's diaper while whispering sweet words to her. Her eyes were wide and curious as she stared up at him and watched him also.

"I wanted to apologize to you for the way I acted on Thanksgiving. I was way out of line and I'm sorry, and I should probably apologize to Blaze and his father too. I just- I don't know, this is hard for me, you being mad at me and all," he rambled causing me to let out a low breath as I pinched the bridge of my nose.