Chapter 47- Falling For A Thug

Stay strong, beautiful. God gives his toughest battles to his strongest worriers. Things will get better. It may be a little stormy now but it can't rain forever.

~Blaze~

"I need to know everything that happened," I demanded to Jared as we stood outside of Monique's hospital room.

We got here about four hours ago, and since then  she hasn't allowed me to leave her side. But right now she's fast asleep in the bed, so I called Jared to come down so I can figure out how I'm going to handle this.

It's eight o'clock in the morning, and I'm tired as hell but this is more important to me than sleep.

"When we were leaving Walmart she saw a homeless lady outside so she decided to buy her blankets and give them to her, but they lady turned out to be her mom," he explained halfway causing me to narrow my eyes.

"I said I need to know everything that happened, not half of the fucking story," I snapped and he continued.

"She invited her to come over, and she did so I went with her of course. But she told me she didn't want me to come inside so I didn't, I waited for her by the door and while I was, I heard her scream so I ran in and that's when I saw what was going on."

"What did you see exactly?"

"One guy was on top of her, and the two others were next to him while her mom was in the back of the room. I pulled out my gun and shot the two guys but I wasn't able to get the guy that was actually on her, I'm sorry."

"What the hell do you mean you weren't able to get him?"

"With all due respect, sir, would you have wanted me to chase him or tend to your bleeding girlfriend on the floor? I did what I thought was the best decision. But if it helps I got a good look on his face. And I'm pretty sure if we can get her mom, we can get more answers?" he suggested to me. I clenched my jaw and looked away as I imagined Monique's bloody body laying on the floor as she cried.

"We'll find him. Don't worry."

My attention was directed back to the room as I heard Monique call out my name softly.

"She loves you. You have no idea how much she cried for you," Jared told me cautiously. Probably afraid I was going to get mad at him for over stepping his boundaries by telling me that. But I didn't get mad, it just made me feel like shit.

"I know, I love her too."

I dismissed him to go home as I stepped back into the room, closing the door behind me as I did so. Monique was lying in the bed under the covers looking at me with tired eyes as she had an IV going through her arm. The doctor informed me that she suffered from a concussion, and two fractured ribs. She had to have a few stitches placed in her head due to how massive the scar was and to stop the bleeding, but besides that she was fine and her bruises were only expected to last for another week or so.

"Where were you?" she asked me softly with a hoarse voice.

"Outside talking to Jared. Are you ready to go? They said we can leave whenever you're ready," I informed her as I took a seat at the end of her bed. She was about to reply to me when she suddenly sat up quickly in the bed with wide eyes, making the machine next to her make a lot of noise.

"Where's Adrianna?" she blurted causing me to frown up my face in confusion.

"What-"

"No! Where is my baby? I need Adrianna. Where is Adrianna?" she repeated with a cloudy eyes.

"Monique calm down. Miya has her, what's wrong?"

"They were talking about her, they said they wanted her. Blaze they can't have her," she exclaimed only making me more confused.