02

Hanni's POV

As I sat in my boss's office, he criticized my work with a tone that suggested disappointment.

"Miss Hanni, you can barely make a good design. What happened? You're one of the greatest designers before." I feel confused and disheartened. This was not the kind of feedback I was used to hear.

Feeling the pressure, I promised to do better.

"I'll try another one, Sir. Please bear with me" I pleaded with him, hoping to make a good impression. As I left his office and sat at my cubicle, I couldn't help but wonder what had happened to me. I used to love designing clothes, but something had changed, and I couldn't put my finger on it.

Then, it hit me. It was all because of HER. The memories of our past together had been haunting me, making it hard for me to focus on my work and passion. I needed to find a way to keep my mind occupied and move on.

I scoured tons of references to get some new ideas, trying to reignite the spark that I had lost. I had to try harder than ever to prove to myself and my boss that I was still the best.

As I work here, An Aussie girl walked over to me, singing and calling me sweet names like "sweetheart" and "honey bunch." Danielle was always so positive and uplifting, and I felt incredibly lucky to have a friend like her.

"What is it, Danielle? I'm busy," I said, trying to concentrate.

She handed me a sandwich and a cup of tea, telling me to take a break and not pressure myself too much.

"We can do it, fighting Unnie," she encouraged me, as I felt my spirits lift a little.

" Thank you, Dani" I showed her my sweetest smile.

" Aww it's good to see that I made you smile Unnie" ohh I just smiled. I'm improving.

I continued working, determined to prove myself and show that I was still the ace of the company.

If you're wondering, why I'm determined to get promoted is because I'm working in one of the biggest clothing company here in Korea and I'm lucky enough to be able to work here.

My parents are rich, but I wanna use my own money plus I'm bored when I do nothing. I love designing since then but sometimes I'm getting stressed. It's normal when it comes to work and I slowly getting used to it.

I also need to occupy my mind so I cannot think of HER.

.

Finally, I was able to finish two designs that I was proud of. I presented them to my boss, and he accepted them, praising my talent and skill. One more design, and I would be getting promoted.

Danielle hugged me, congratulating me on my success, and we decided to go out and celebrate. As we ate dinner together, I tried to focus on the moment and forget about my nonsense thoughts

While waiting for the food, I scrolled through my phone, I accidentally opened an album, I was supposed to find my past designs but I end up staring at our memories. I closed the app and shook my head.

" Danielle" I called her and she looked up.

"Do you have any news about Minj-"

"Here is your order ma'am, sorry for the long wait" sh*t, this waiter is wrong timing.

My hands were shaking after I realized what I was about to ask. Nevermind, I will not ask it again.

"It smells so good" I'm getting hungry, the pasta looks delicious

"What is it again Unnie?" she muttered curiously. I can feel that the food is super delicious because the plate is about to get empty.

Should I ask about her or nah.
Should I ?
Should I not?
Should I ?
Should I not ?

What if she also have no idea? But they're also friends before.

But what if she knows?

"nothing, I'm hungry" I munched and enjoyed my food, wow this is 5/5