14

Minji's POV

My heart is torn between two people who hold a special place in my heart. Hanni, the love of my life, and my mother, the woman who raised me and loved me unconditionally. How could I possibly choose between them?

For four long days, I have been unable to sleep, consumed by the thought of what I should do. I love Hanni with every piece of my being, but my mother's health is rapidly worsen.

I try to weigh my options, but I cannot seem to make a decision. Hanni is my world, but my mother needs me more than anything right now. As I sit here, struggling to decide, he asks

"I'm asking you one last time, your mom or her?"

"Give m-me more ti-time to think."

"So you're still thinking? Don't tell me you'll choose her over your mom's sake." My father replies

"Next week is the flight, I already picked the best hospital in the US for your mom."

I feel my heart sink as I ask him "How bad is Mom's condition?"

"It's already in stage 4" he answered plainly.

I researched about her cancer, and the possible processes she may face weakened me. I have to make a decision, a crucial one.

After much soul-searching, I know what I have to do. I'll choose my mom this time. It breaks my heart to leave Hanni behind, but I promise that I will be back for her. I will make sure that my mother is okay first, and then I will come back to her.

.

As I make my way to the airport, tears falling down my face. It's not just the thought of leaving Hanni that hurts, but the thought of leaving her without knowing when I'll be back. I pray that she will wait for me, that our love will remain despite of every challenge.

I board the plane, my heart heavy with the weight of my decision. I know that it's the right thing to do, but that doesn't make it any easier. I don't know what the future holds, but I know that I have to endure all this pain.

.

As I slowly opened my eyes, I realized that today is our anniversary. I sighed out of guilt, I'm sorry. Today is also my mom's first treatment, I have to be by her side

"Mom, be brave, I'm just here" I turned to my mom who was lying beside me.

"Thank you, my Minji. I'll be strong for you." She replied in a low tone. I knew she was getting weaker, but I hope that the treatment would help her.

As the first treatment started, my mom winced in pain. I held her hand and said

"How was it, Mom? I know it hurts. Please endure it."

I then offered her some fresh fruits to give her more energy. One by one, I put the fruits in her mouth, hoping to make her feel better.

Suddenly, my mom asked me something that I never expected.
"Did you leave her?" I nodded slowly, not knowing how to react.

"I'm sorry for all the mistakes I've made. I should've supported your relationship with Hanni. I just can't defend you because I know what your father's capable of" she said, with a hint of regret in her voice.

"It's okay, Mom. Put your health first" I replied trying to comfort her.

"I will. I know it's hard for you to choose, but you shouldn't choose me over her. I can hire a private nurse. You don't have to leave everything just for me"

"Shhh, Mom. I want to be by your side during your treatments" I said, cutting her off.

I let her sleep for a while so she could recover. As I sat here, watching her sleep, I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed. I had to balance my love life and my family life, and it wasn't easy. As I drifted off to sleep, I hoped that tomorrow would be a better day.

________________________________
A/N
This would be the last part of flashbacks. Next chapters are in present. Bye