13

Hanni's POV

Today is a very special day, it's our 2nd anniversary and I am bursting with excitement. I have been preparing for weeks, trying to make sure that everything is perfect for My Minji. She always puts in so much effort in our relationship, and I feel like it's finally my time to shine. I've called all of my friends to help me with the surprise, and I've even bought her favorite foods, a cuddly stuffed bear, and matching couple bracelets.

I want this day to be unforgettable, and I'm a little bit nervous. I hope that she will love all of the surprises that I have planned for her. As I receive a message from Danielle, who is in charge of the setup, I can feel my heart racing with anticipation.

From: Dani
Unnieeee, all is set. We're done with balloons, bouquet, and setup.

Good, thank you Daniii

As I arrived at the location, which boasts a breathtaking view of the ocean, I saw Haerin and Kazuha waiting at the entrance. They were assigned to put a blindfold on Minji so that she could be surprised.

I tried to call her, she was not answering. I did my best to calm down and avoid worrying. I started to think that perhaps she had forgotten our anniversary.

"Minji is not answering," I informed the girls.

"I'll try to call her too, Unnie," Danielle offered.

"Thanks, Danielle"

As I waited for her, I walked to the seaside and allowed the salty air to heal me. I also called the other girls for a small meeting. Thankfully, they were all willing to help. I remembered the song that I had prepared for her, 'Crazier' by Taylor Swift, and the other one that I had composed myself.

I tried to call her again, but she was still not answering. I did my best not to panic and stayed calm, but the girls were starting to feel bored and sleepy. I began to wonder, where is Minji?

To: My baby bear

My Minji, today is our anniversary.

Hope you didn't forget

I'm here at my hideout, come here.

I wanna see you. :(

It was already 5 pm, and we had not received any news about Minji. Yunjin and Kazuha had already gone home because they had other commitments. Hyein was sleeping peacefully on the bench, while Danielle and Haerin were flirting at the corner. Meanwhile, Sakura, Eunchae, Chaewon, and I patiently waiting for her.

"Maybe there's an emergency? I tried to contact her earlier, but she's out of coverage," Sakura muttered to break the silence. I started to feel worried even more.

"I'm hungry. Can I eat this?" Eunchae asked, pointing at a plate of pasta. I nodded slowly, but Sakura quickly hit her hand.

"Just wait, Manchae. Let's wait for Minji a little longer."

"I know her. She'll never forget your anniversary. She'll never appear unless there's an emergency" Chaewon reassured us.

I sat on the bench, trying to fight my sleepy eyes. I looked at my phone again, waiting for a reply.

To: My baby bear

Are you busy?

Come here, please...

I'll wait for you.

It was already 9 pm, and only Dani and Haerin were left with me. The others had gone home. I couldn't take it anymore. I was hurt and confused. I had waited for her and made so much effort for a surprise, but where is she?

"Unnie!" Haerin suddenly stood up, her eyes wide open with panic.

"What?" I replied with zero energy.

"Minji texted me," she said, handing me her phone. I felt a mix of curiosity and sadness as I read the message.

From: KM
Please say to Hanni that I'm really, really sorry.

Haerin tried calling her again, but she still wasn't answering. I was confused. Why is she apologizing? Is it because she did not managed to come here?
.
.
.
.
.

I waited for weeks, months, year.......but there was still no sign of her. Every day felt like a nightmare. I drank a lot and rarely smiled. My life was a mess since that day. I had a hard time communicating with everyone, and everything around me felt unpleasant. I wanted to punch the wall badly, to hurt someone, to release all of this pain. Why did she have to leave me? And the worst part was that she didn't even try to reach me out or say anything. Where are you, My Minji? :(