16

Minji's POV

As I lay here in the early hours of the morning, I can't help but look over at the beautiful woman sleeping beside me. She's a little distant, hugging a huge pillow just as she always does. As I take in the scene, I notice that my dress is now different. It's a little smaller, but it's comfortable and it smells just like her. I can't believe I got so drunk last night, I feel so embarrassed. I sit up, trying not to wake her, and I admire her beauty. I tuck some strands of hair behind her ear that were covering her face. She still have the most innocent and baby face.

My attention drawn to the guitar in the corner of the room. She still has it, and it looks as new as ever. I miss hearing her sing for me. Her voice is my music taste.

She's the most precious girl that I want to keep. I'll do everything, just give me a second chance . I'll be braver than before, even if it means that I have to disobey my own father. I'm grateful that my mother accepted me for who I am, it makes things a little easier for me.

She stirs a little bit, and I quickly pretend to be asleep. She moves back into her original position. I'll wait here until she wakes up.

Suddenly, I hear a notification sound. I look at my phone, but there's nothing. Then I realize that it's her phone. Do I invade her privacy If I read the message? I know I shouldn't, but what if it's important? I decide to do it anyway.

From: Unknown number

Good morning, see you later

I can't help but to think who's this person. Is it a co-worker or a friend? But then I realize that I don't have the right to know.

She starts to yawn, wait don't wake up yet. My speech is not yet finished. I need to calm down before I tell her what I need to say.

First, I need to tell her that my father is homophobic. But what if she doesn't believe me? We dated, but I tried my best to hide our relationship.

Second, I need to tell her about my mom's condition.

Third, is about my career. I also spend my time for the career that my father's want. He adore my visual so much, that's why he participated me in one of the biggest model agency here and in US.

These are hard things to say, but I know I have to do it. I take a deep breath in, and then exhale slowly. Inhale, exhale. I can do this.

She's still sleeping soundly, I guess she's tired of me last night. I heard a notification again, this time it's from my phone

From: Kang Haerin

:Hey, how is it?? you good there??

I'm fine. She's sleeping beside me, I wish I was a pillow

kidding

:what happened last night?

I got drunk last night and I went here

: Idiot, she don't want someone who drinks. She use to drink before but now she hates it.

arghh you should've warned me. aAAAAaaa

: Did she punch you?😊

Nope, she hugged me hehe

: SHE HUGGED YOU????!!!!!!!

Yeah, do I look joking

: SHE JUST HUGGED YOU???

Yes, why u keep asking

: Well

what???

: I thought she's joking about that

about what??

: I asked her what will she do if she see you again

Then??

: She said that the first thing she'll do is to hug you, HSHSHSHAHAHHS you're lucky girl

As I read Haerin's message, my mind raced with various scenarios. What if she just hugged me because I'm drunk and about to fall?

Suddenly, Hanni slowly opened her eyes, my heart is in irregular beat again. I watched as she scratched her eyes like a baby, and I couldn't help but find it endearing.

Should I greet her?

Summoning all my courage, I greeted her with a shaky

"Good morning" I knew I wasn't good at this, but I had to try.

But then she looked away, and my heart sank. She didn't respond, and I could feel the sting of rejection.

She was probably looking for her phone, so I handed it to her.

"Why are you still here?" she asked me coldly. It felt like my heart was getting poked by thousands of needles.

I tried to explain

"Ahmm, I just wanted to--" I'm about to explain when

"Sh*t, I'm late" and she rushed exiting the room.