2. Dinner with Sandy

There's silence for a few moments, but then she speaks.

C: So... you're favorite movie is Carol, huh? -she says, smirking. God, she loves smirking, and it makes me blush every time.

Y: Yes... It's truly beautiful... And you were amazing... -I say, feeling quite shy.

C: Oh, thank you, darling! -I'm screaming on the inside! She called me darling!!

Fortunately, Dash returns before she can say anything else.

D: So... let's watch the movie!

--

We're halfway through the movie, and Dash has already dozed off. Cate keeps stealing glances at me, but I try my best not to look back, although it's quite challenging. We've already polished off the popcorn.

C: Do you want more? -referring to the popcorn.

Y: No, it's okay! I'm not hungry -I say, looking at her.

C: Okay. If you want anything, just tell me. -she winks, and I nod, blushing. God, this woman will be the death of me.

--

The movie has just ended, and Dash is still asleep. Cate went to the bathroom, so I decide it's time to wake him up.

D: Oh god... What time is it?

Y: I actually have no idea.

D: Do you wanna stay for dinner? We can order pizzas!

Y: Sounds good!

D: I'll tell my mum. Where is she?

Y: Bathroom -while I'm saying that, Cate comes back.

D: Mom! Can Y/N stay for dinner, and can we order some pizzas?

C: Yes, but with one condition.

D: Yes?

C: Sandy was supposed to come tonight for a movie night, so we can have a movie night with the four of us together.

D: Sounds good to me! What do you think? -he asks, looking at me.

Y: Y-yes.

C: You order the pizzas; I'm gonna talk to Sandy -she says, leaving the room.

Y: Please don't tell me she means Sandra Bullock!

D: Oh! You'll love her! She's really funny.

Y: Oh my god! I'm gonna meet Sandra Bullock the same day I met Cate Blanchett! This is not happening!

D: Yes, it is. And now we have to order the pizzas, so c'mon!

--

Dash and I have pizza on the way, set to arrive in 20 minutes. Sandra will be here in 5 minutes or so, and I'm incredibly nervous! I just want to be myself and not make it awkward. Yet, being in the same room as Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock? It feels like an impossible task.

Suddenly, the doorbell rings. It's her.

Sandra gracefully enters the room, radiating her timeless beauty, and warmly embraces Dash. Afterward, her gaze shifts towards me.

S(Sandra): You must be Y/N! -she says, opening her arms for me to hug her.

Y: Yes... yes, I am -I say and hug her.

S: It's so nice to meet you! -oh gosh, she's even more beautiful in person!

Y: It's nice to meet you too!

I considered expressing to both Sandra and Cate that I'm a huge fan, but I didn't want to make it awkward. So, I decide not to mention anything about it.

We all take our seats on the couch, eagerly anticipating the arrival of the pizzas. Sandra and Dash sit next to me, while Cate takes the seat beside her son. Engaged in a conversation about their family, Cate and Dash share moments, leaving Sandra to strike up a conversation with me.

S: So Y/N, what do you do?

Y: Well... I'm currently studying (whatever you like).

S: Oh! Sounds cool! You and Dash go to the same university, right?

Y: Yeah, that's where we met.

Sandra and I continue our conversation until the pizzas arrive, and we all start enjoying our meal.

C: So... what should we watch?

D: Well... I've been thinking about starting the MCU, but I don't know if you would like to watch that.

C: Sounds good for me; I like Marvel.

S: Same!

D: Y/N, I know you love Marvel, so you're not gonna have any problem.

Y: You know me so well -what he doesn't know is that I started watching the MCU because of his mother.

D: I know... Which one is the first one?

Y: Iron Man.

C: Let's watch Iron Man then!

S: I think I haven't seen that one, so perfect!

We start the movie and continue enjoying our pizzas.

--

As the movie nears its end, Cate finally speaks.

C: Y/N, can you help me bring these to the kitchen, please, darling? -she says, referring to pizza boxes.

Y: Yes, of course!

We head into the kitchen together.

Y: Can I assist you with anything else?

C: No, it's okay. But I wouldn't mind the company -she says, smirking- Only if you don't mind missing the end of the movie.

Y: Oh! It's okay. I've already seen it a thousand times -I say, laughing.

C: You should've said that! We could've chosen another movie.

Y: No, no, please! I love the MCU!

C: A big Marvel fan, huh? Who are your favorite characters?

Y: Wanda and Natasha.

C: Elizabeth and Scarlett, I see... -she smirks again; I can't take it anymore- Anyway, you will have to sleep here tonight because it's already really late. There are enough rooms here. Sandy is staying too.

Y: It's okay. I'll take a cab.

C: It wasn't a question, honey. You're staying -she says with her famous deep voice.

I simply nod my head.

C: I'll show you to your room, and I'll give you some of my clothes to sleep in.

Y: Thanks.

--

I'm already tucked into bed, wearing the oversized T-shirt that Cate gave me as my pajamas. It carries the sweet scent of her, and I can't help but love it!

Anyway, today was incredible, and now I find myself in the same house as Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock. Like... what!? I know I sound annoying, but when did I become so lucky?

--

A/n: Hello again!!!

I just wanted to thank everybody who is reading this story. I love u all!!

How are you finding the story so far?? Please tell me cuz I wanna know!!

This chapter is a little bit shorter than the first one. I'm sorry for that. I'm gonna try to write longer chapters if you prefer it, I just didn't know how to continue this one.

Remember that if you see any mistake with the writing don't hesitate to tell me and I'll fix it. English is not my first language so don't be afraid to notify me if you see any mistakes.

Take care of yourselves, hope you're having a great day!

Juls <3