9. You can talk to me

Two weeks have elapsed since the day I misled Cate. Exams are over. I've been encouraging Dash to hang out at my place instead of his, as going to his house would be... very awkward. I haven't crossed paths with her, and naturally, we haven't spoken. However, I can't shake off thoughts of her and the revelation that she confessed to having feelings for me.

Today, after more than a week of dodging Dash's invitations, I'm heading to his house. Despite my attempts to convince him to visit my place, he mentioned that his sister wants to see me, and I couldn't turn down that request. Our plan for the day mirrors the routine from the first day I met his family: lunch together, followed by Andrew and the kids leaving, and then Sandra arriving. At least, I won't find myself alone with her at any point.

--

The kids and Andrew have already left. Now, it's just Cate, Dash, and me waiting for Sandra. Lunch was enjoyable; I spent the time chatting with Edith, who is the sweetest. However, my attention kept drifting to Cate, who sat across from me, flashing a radiant smile as she observed Edith and me. God, she's so beautiful...

--

Sandy is already here. She and I are sitting on the couch, while Cate and Dash are in the kitchen.

S: What's wrong with you?

Y: Me? Nothing... -I'm not good at acting.

S: Yeah, c'mon, I don't believe you. You can talk to me, Y/N. I won't tell anyone -she says very seriously. I believe her.

Y: It's just... there's this girl I like... and she... she likes me too but... we can't be together...

S: Oh sweetie... Why can't you be together?

Y: It's difficult... she's older... -I can't tell her she's my best friend's mom 'cause she would know I'm talking about Cate.

S: But that's not a problem. I mean, sure, a lot of people would criticize you, but forget them! If you both like each other, age shouldn't be a problem. Age is just a number! Do you really like her?

Y: I do...

S: Then go for it! Talk to her and tell her how much you like her!

Y: I don't know... I'll think about it...

Just as Sandy was about to say something else, Cate and Dash enter the room with some snacks.

C: I see you two get along pretty well -she's... jealous??

S: We do! Yes!

D: Let's watch a movie! What's the next Marvel movie Y/N? -thank you Dash.

Y: The Incredible Hulk.

--

Halfway through the movie, Cate asks for my help.

C: Y/N, can you assist me in bringing these to the kitchen?

Y: Yes... -I respond, a bit uncertain.

We head to the kitchen together.

Y: Do you need help with anything else? -I ask because I want to be polite, but honestly, I don't want to be alone with her.

C: No, but please stay -she stops waht she was doing and looks at me- So... you and Sandy... -she seems upset?

Y: What about me and Sandy?

C: Do you have feelings for her?

Y: What!?

C: I noticed you two talking; you seemed to hit it off.

Y: That's all it was, just a conversation. Can't we talk?

C: Certainly, of course... It's just that I know you mentioned not having feelings for me, but I do have feelings for you. I apologize for being jealous; you have the right to be with whomever you choose. I'm sorry. It's just that these two weeks without seeing you didn't help; they actually made it worse...

Y: Cate I... I lied... -Dash enters the kitchen, and I fall silent.

D: The movie just ended. Do you want to watch another one, or do you have something else in mind?

Y: Another movie sounds good to me.

C: Another movie sounds good to me as well. What does Sandy say?

D: She said whatever you want. What's the next movie?

Y: Iron Man 2.

C: Let's go! -she approaches me- We'll continue the talk later -I nod.

--

A/n: Hiiii! I'm sorry it's been so long. I've been sad these days cuz my fav marvel character is offically dead (if you're a marvel fan you'll know what i'm talking ab) and I know it's just a fictional character but I LOVE her...

Anyway, hope you like this chapter. Don't forget to comment or vote, it really does help <3

Hope you're having a great day!

Júlia <3