4. Oh my god!

I've just finished class, and I'm currently searching for Cate's car, but I can't seem to find her.

Unknown  I'm in the parking lot, sweetie!

Omg, she just called me sweetie! I feel like I could die right here and now. It's like she read my mind because I was starting to get a bit desperate, and then she texted.

As I head to the parking lot, I decide to change the contact name to Cate :).

I enter the car, and we exchange greetings. She hugs me and then kisses my cheek. She just kissed my cheek! I swear, I won't wash my face ever again!

C: You're adorable when you blush. -I blush even more if that was even possible- Let's head to your place. What kind of music are you into?

Y: I'm a big fan of Lady Gaga (a/n: u can change it if u don't like her but she's my fav singer so...).

C: Oh! Love her!

She plays the music. I'm tempted to sing along, but it feels a bit embarrassing next to her, so I choose to simply enjoy the music. After a few songs, she starts singing, and I decide to join in. The entire drive is filled with our shared joy of singing and dancing.

She parks the car as the song comes to an end.

C: God, that was fun! -she says, laughing.

Y: Yes, it was! -I laugh too.

We share a few minutes just staring at each other, still chuckling.

C: You should go pack your bag -she says once she calms down.

Y: Yeah... You can come if you want to.

C: Okay, I'll go with you.

We enter my apartment.

Y: I'll give you a small tour.

I guide her around the apartment in a brief tour since it's not very large.

C: It's very cute and cozy. I like it.

Y: Thanks! I'll go pack my bag quickly.

I quickly pack a small bag; I don't like keeping people waiting.

When I finish packing, we leave for her house. Upon arrival, I go to Dash's room, but he's sleeping, so I decide not to disturb him. Instead, I find Cate in the hallway.

Y: He's sleeping -I say, chuckling a bit.

C: Oh! Leave your bag in the same room as the other day and come to my room then. It's that one -she says, pointing to her room.

Y: Okay.

I deposit the bag in the room and make my way to Cate's. A gentle knock precedes her invitation for me to enter.

Her room is spacious, adorned with large windows, an extensive book collection, a substantial desk, and a grand bed. Oh, and not to forget, a sizable TV. Cate is seated on the edge of the bed, scrolling through Netflix.

C: I forgot to mention earlier... Sandra has already left, I hope you don't mind spending time alone with me...

Y: Of course not!

C: Let's watch something then!

We recline in bed, and the movie begins on the TV placed directly in front of us.

I sense her gradually moving closer, though it's likely just my imagination. About halfway through the movie, she speaks.

C: I'm gonna go set the table so we can have lunch.

Y: Alright, I can help.

C: No, you stay here. I insist, before you protest any further. -she winks and heads out.

I continue watching the movie until Cate calls out, "Dinner's ready!" I head to the living room and take my seat in the same chair as the other day. Glancing at the table, I notice there are only two plates: one in front of me and the other across.

Y: Isn't Dash eating with us?

C: No, I brought the food to his room. He's not doing well, and I think it's best if you don't go in there; you might catch whatever he has.

Y: Oh...

C: I did tell him you're here, though. Just so he knows you care about him.

Y: Okay, thanks. I should go home, shouldn't I?

C: No! Why?

Y: I mean, I came to visit Dash...

C: And to spend time with me, remember? -I nod and smile.

We eat pretty much in silence, and afterward, I help her in the kitchen.

C: Do you have any homework or assignments?

Y: Yes,but it's not much.

C: You should go work on it, and I'll finish up here.

Y: No, I'd rather help you now, and I can do my homework later. I insist, before you say anything else. -she nods and smiles.

I finish my homework in my designated room, and after about an hour, I head to the living room expecting to find Cate there. However, she's not around, so I decide to check her room. As I approach her door, I hear a strange noise from inside, almost like someone moaning. Panic sets in, and I quickly retreat to my room, hoping she didn't notice me. I distract myself by scrolling through Instagram and listening to music, trying to shake off the awkward moment.

--

A/n: Hii everybody!!

Tysm for reading this! Don't forget to comment what you think, it always helps :))

I wanted to make this longer but I wana leave you hanging in there hehehe

Remember that if you see any mistake with the writing don't hesitate to tell me and I'll fix it. English is not my first language so don't be afraid to notify me if you see any mistakes.

Take care of yourselves, hope you're having a great day!

Juls <3