Valentine's Eve In The Dark

We have seen how Nicolae and Luna spent Valentine's Eve. Now we relive the same day and see how Damon and Alice get along ...

~ VALENTINE'S DAY EVE ~ FRIDAY FEBRUARY 13 ~

~ MORNING ~ JFK AIRPORT ~

Damon and Alice have just passed through passport control and are now being screened with their carry-on luggage. Now if you're wondering why they're traveling by plane when they can just as easily have JJ teleport them to their destination, the answer is simple. Alice asked Damon to make sure their first trip as an official couple was orderly and mundane, and of course he couldn't say no.

As I said, they have already passed through passport control and are now being x-rayed. Alice takes her own hand luggage and the official puts Damon's bag into the machine. A few seconds later, the contents of the bag appear on the screen and the officer sees that it's filled with blood bags. He looks at Damon, who smiles at him as he walks up to him and puts his hand on his shoulder. He looks him straight in the eye with dilated pupils.

 He looks him straight in the eye with dilated pupils

Damon: You didn't see anything strange. There is nothing suspicious in my bag. I'll take it now and you'll wish me a good flight.

After a friendly tap on the clerk's shoulder, Damon takes his bag and the clerk ...

Clerk: Thank you very much, sir. I wish you a good flight.

Damon puts his arm around Alice's shoulders and the two walk to the gate, giggling.

The twelve-hour Delta flight flies by and before they know it. They land at Ghimbav Airport in Brașov, Romania, at noon local time. They get into the rented jeep waiting for them outside the airport and begin the thirty-minute drive along the Carpathian Mountains to Vlad Tepes' castle.

It's bitterly cold in the middle of February, but fortunately for them, the day is one of the few sunny days of the winter. Alice, dressed like an onion at Damon's insistence, takes off her heavy jacket because the car's heater is on full blast and the heat in the small space is unbearable. Damon watches as she fans herself with her hands and turns down the heat a little.

Alice: Thanks so much for that. I almost melted.

Although he finds this reaction rather strange, since Alice loves the heat, Damon smiles.

Alice: Why are you smiling?