Vintage Night

~ TWO DAYS LATER ~ LATE AFTERNOON~

~ IN THE LAIR ~ JUST BEFORE VINTAGE NIGHT STARTS ~

Alice and Elena are already at the club giving final instructions to the men in the gang. They want everything to be perfect tonight, because on the one hand they want to celebrate their victory against Margaret properly, and on the other hand they want to welcome the new members of the pack, Connor, and Luna, who, by the way, are happy to finally meet the whole family.

The only dark spot of the evening is the absence of Jared and Chloe. Some felt that they should be invited, but Sebastian flatly refused. There was no way he was going to force Jared to attend a party that was taking place because they not only defeated his own daughter, but punished her as well. Even though he feels like half a man without his beta, Sebastian loves and respects Jared too much to subject him to this kind of torture.

~ A FEW HOURS LATER ~

The club is packed with people who paid a lot of money to be here tonight. The money raised will be donated to a new foundation working to implant artificial limbs in children and young adults with disabilities. Right. The first patient of this foundation who will receive a state-of-the-art titanium prosthetic leg is little Benjamin, the son of Emma the waitress.

Our pack has been gathered here for some time. They all look beautiful in their expensive and sexy vintage clothes. Beautiful and radiant. Everyone's eyes sparkle with the shine that victory gives after a battle. All except Sebastian, who has a shadow in his beautiful blue eyes because the seat next to him is empty. But he has no intention of spoiling the party. He's going to have fun and do his best on the dance floor, just like every time he grabs the microphone to sing for the great love of his life, his wife. Because yes, all the songs he sings are always dedicated to his Lois.

They all sit in the special VIP booth and drink while laughing and teasing each other. Everyone is relaxed except Nicolae and Elena who are excited. They look anxiously at the door, where in a few minutes Connor and Luna will appear.

Franco ... Do you remember Franco? Yes, the gang driver who has now been promoted to head of the family's vehicle fleet. He's responsible for the maintenance and repair of all the vehicles, cars, and motorcycles, and only takes on chauffeur duties in exceptional cases like tonight, when he's supposed to pick up the two new family members from home and bring them to the club.

As expected, the obvious tension in the eyes of Nicolae and Elena provokes the teasing of the others and especially of Damon, who makes their lives hell.

Damon: For heaven's sake, guys! We're in love too, but we don't act like it. Sit back and enjoy your drink.

Elena: Damon, please plug your cakehole if you want to keep your stupid head on your shoulders.

Nicolae: Same goes for that thing between your legs. Shut the fuck up!

Damon opens his mouth to say something that might be more teasing, but the recipients aren't listening anymore. They have gotten up and are already running to the door because it has just opened and their loved ones have appeared, standing there looking around in rapture.