《32》

The next morning was insufferable for Reiko.

Since she didn't take painkillers the night before, her head hurt like hell. Not to mention that she barely slept, guilt keeping her up way past the time she intended.

She washed her face and pulled a hoodie on before going downstairs. Good thing it was Saturday, she couldn't have woken up earlier even if she wanted to.

She was greeted with a hug by Mina, who cried into her shoulders. "I was so worried! Why didn't you text me back?" The pink girl shook her friend lightly.

"Ah, sorry. I was so distracted yesterday, I didn't even check my phone." She apologized. "Your hair!" Mina suddenly yelled.

Reiko ran a hand through it sheepishly. "It's not that bad. I like it." She chuckled. "It does suit you." Momo smiled from across the room.

"Come eat, we made breakfast." Sato pulled out a chair for her. Reiko found it odd that everyone was so nice to her but decided to ignore it for now.

"Oh, who made the Teriyaki yesterday? It was so good." She asked to which she got a few stares. "Bakugou made some for himself and he was dead set on not giving his leftovers to anyone." Mina pouted.

"It smelled so good too! I just wanted a bite but he slapped my hand away." Denki whined from the couch.

A slight shade of pink rushed to her face, accompanied by a smile. "No way- he gave it to you!" Mina's face lit up. The few people present shared some 'oohs' and 'aahs'.

"Reiko!" Kirishima scurried over once he came out of his room to hug her. "I'm so glad you're okay!" He pat her shoulder.

"Yeah, you too. I heard you were pretty beat up." She hugged back from her chair. "Although I don't get why you guys panicked so much about me." She chuckled and continued eating her breakfast.

"We were told that you have about a 20% chance of surviving. I guess the doctors didn't tell you that." Iida took his glasses off to clean them.

20 percent?

"The only other guy who sustained similar injuries was Sir Nighteye and he didn't make it." Uraraka continued. "Sir Nighteye didn't make it?" Reiko looked up.

"No, he passed a few days after." She looked away.

The mood was suddenly unpleasant as everyone avoided looking at one another. "Well, at least the mission was a success." Denki tried being positive.

"Yeah, Eri was so thankful," Kirishima said. "She's gonna visit us next week." Denki continued.

"Really? I'm looking forward to it." Reiko smiled.

She wasn't close to Sir Nighteye, she didn't even know him except for the fact that he used to be All Mights sidekick but she still felt sad that he passed.

All of a sudden, she got a call. She picked up instantly upon seeing the caller's ID.

"Hi! How've you been?" Reiko asked. "I should be asking you! I heard you went on your first mission and almost died." Jesse laughed on the other end.

"Almost. I never die." Reiko smirked. "Anyway, Kūro and I were wondering if you're up to a hangout." The ravenette chuckled. "Yeah, as long as you're paying for the food."

The two talked and joked about the meeting and everyone went on their way.

Bakugou dropped his notes off for Reiko and she thanked him excessively. "Oh, and I still have that wish from when you lost to me. I'll be using that soon." Bakugou leaned against her door.

"For what?" Reiko asked. "U.A. is having a black tie event and we have to go in pairs. My two choices were you and hair-for-brains and I've decided I don't want to hear his dumbass jokes all night so you'll be my partner." He explained briefly.

He lied again; several girls have asked him to go with them but he wanted to go with Reiko. He wouldn't be able to withstand seeing her with a guy, especially if a girl was whining by his side all night.

"I would've said yes if you'd asked me to go in a normal way." She deadpanned. "You didn't have to use your wish for that." Reiko tried so hard not to smile but the corners of her mouth lifted anyway as she rolled her eyes.

"Oh! Thanks for the Teriyaki by the way." She looked over at him. His head snapped away from her, she could swear she saw slight panic in his eyes.

"Told you it wasn't me." He grumbled before leaving.

Reiko chuckled to herself, absent-mindedly doodling in her notebook which she was supposed to study in.

Bakugou scurried back to his room quickly so that no one would see his face.

He found he couldn't look at Reiko for long before he would get lost in thought. She was just so

So pretty.

Every time he looked at her, he could feel his thoughts fading away, his head emptying the longer he stared.

He found it hard to form words.

He found it annoying. He was one of the best-

He was the best student at school and he struggled to form a single sentence when he looked at her.

He laid awake in his room all night, thinking of what to do now. Now that he was like this.