𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏: 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 & 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

Bae, a girl who was traumatized by her parents in the past. When Bae was a kid, she was happy with them. She was all smiley and a happy bug. They spoiled her with love and affection, especially gifts. They all were a happy family.

Well, that was until high school kicked in. Her parents kept on arguing about their child's results and talents. They kept on pushing her to be the best at everything and that leads Bae to the road of depression and losing her cheery self.

She will always tried to hide her depression from her friends from childhood but when they're gone, she begun to breakdown. When she got bad grades, they both physically abused her until they had enough. However, that's not the worst part yet.

At one time, Bae told her parents that she's a lesbian then they both started yelling at her till the top of their lungs and threw her out of the house with her stuffs.

But now, in the present, Bae don't need to live alone anymore. She lived in an apartment with Lily, Kyujin, Sullyoon and Haewon. She felt much safer around them and happy but not very happy.

She's still depressed and sad that she doesn't have her happy family anymore when she started middle school. She sighed as she looked at the picture frame of her parents and her little self, smiling and hugging.

Bae shook her head once more then focused on her last assignment. Then, the door opened by non other than HaeLily and Kyuyoon.

Bae turned around with a expressionless face, looking at them. Haewon and Sullyoon had a smile in their faces. She also saw Lily and Kyujin hiding behind them.

Well, this gonna be another moment when they're gonna force me to have a movie night again. Bae thought.

She rolled her eyes then walked to a cupboard. " I'll get ready in 5 minutes " Bae said with her monotone voice.

She then got blocked by Haewon's arm. She glanced at the older who's smiling at her.

" It's not another movie night, don't worry " Haewon said. Bae sighed then step back a bit and crosses her arms.

" We've just thought you needed a break from assignments and all that so we um " Sullyoon stopped her sentence then looked at the youngest.

" Fine, I'll tell. We called your boss and said that you're sick " Kyujin said. Bae's eyes widened then unfolded her arms.

" YOU DID WHAT??!! "

" Yah, don't yell at us. We were just trying to make you relax and I swear to God, I've never seen you sleep for full 8 hours and eat full meals " Haewon scolded her.

" It's true, Bae-yah. It's a big fat problem for your mental health already. You have to move on and they're not even here " Lily said.

Bae wanna defend the fact that it's not a problem but then she hung her head low and agreed. " I guess it is " Bae said.

" You better know it is " Haewon said.

" Ok, that's out of the picture for now. Anyways, we're here bcuz we're going to an arcade and then shopping, wanna come?? " Kyujin asked. Bae scoffed then shook her head.

" No thanks, Kyujin-yah. I prefer to be alone than to be around noisy people " she said. She grabbed her phone then opened her bedroom door.

" Where you going?? " Sullyoon asked.

" For a walk, I needed some fresh air and walking is the best way to clear my mind a bit, see ya " Bae said, walked out of her room and leaving the others dumbfounded.

_______________

Bae walked out of the building, wearing earphones that's attached to her phone and listening to her song playlists while walking on the sidewalk.

She hung her head low, buried her hands into her pockets then humming a melodious tune. She then tilted her head to looked at the cars driving on the streets, all the shining lights inside of stores, the smell of food that made Bae wanna close her nose.

She shook her head as she a lovely family in a restaurant, looking so happy and smiles were on their faces which made Bae heartbroken. Tears started to roll down her face then she quickly wiped them and kept on walking, including humming.

As she was walking and humming, she suddenly heard a soft bark sound. She tilted her head then took one of her earphones and turned her head around to check if the sound was still there.

Another soft bark vibrates Bae's eardrums but then it stopped. As curious she was, she decided to walked into the alley and stumbled on a cardboard box.

She leaned forward to see what's inside the box. She found a cute, white, furry puppy sitting and looking at Bae with cute puppy eyes.

Bae suddenly felt in the need to aww at this cute puppy. " Aww, you're so cute. Where's your owner?? " she asked, looking around.

The puppy barked and shook its head. Bae looked at the puppy in shock. " You could understand me?? " she asked.

The puppy nodded then Bae caressed the puppy's fur.

" Aww, you don't have a home, do you?? "

The puppy shook its head again while leaning onto the girl's touch. Bae grew a smile on her face for the very first time. She also felt pity for the puppy so she look around again then picked the puppy up.

" You're coming home with me, bud " she said. The puppy barked, wagging its tail and licked the girl's cheek.

She giggled then noticed a stench from the puppy. " You're also coming to bathroom with me, cleaning you " Bae said then looked at the adorable puppy.

She booped its nose then walked back to her apartment with a dog on her arms. Yes, the apartment owner allows small furry animals only.