Chapter 34

Chapter 34 Mae

2 days later

Another motel room. I swear I have been in more disgusting Motel rooms in the past week than I have been in my whole life. At least this room had two beds. The roommate situation was not any better. After we all decided to keep me away from Hades to 'Save the World,' we all went back to Katelyn's house/shack. A house with no front door, thanks to me. After a few hours of arguing, we came up with a semblance of a plan: We were going to stay in Burlesque while Kate and Taylor researched what to do, Roan and Jacin were to contact the Pack and come up with a plan, and I was to stay put. I was not a 'stay put' type of person.

As Katelyn's hovel only had one room, we decided it was best to stay at a motel. I encouraged Jacin and Roan to head back to Leviathan and handle our dealings in person but as they both took the Mate bond too seriously, and thought Taylor and I needed protecting, they decided to do it all virtually. Thank the Gods for the Age of the Internet.

We booked two rooms. Both rooms had two beds, much to Roan's dismay. I tried to share a room with Taylor. Even though she was not the highest up in my book, she was higher then Roan and Jacin. Jacin refused to be even a few feet away from me. Taylor also thought I might try and kill her in her sleep. I would never have done that. If I wanted to kill someone, I would make sure they were awake.

In the end, Jacin and I got one room and Roan and Taylor got the other. I barely said anything to Jacin. He did not try to talk to me either. Maybe it was the Mate bond, but Jacin knew exactly what not to do. He always left the toilet seat down for me. He got me food when I was hungry, as if he read my mind. He also bought me books on Helen Heights and Hades. My mom and dad.

Taylor was the one to tell me about my Mom. My Mom who single handedly saved the wolf race from extinction. That was a big image to live up to. I just couldn't understand how someone so pure as Helen would make a baby with the actual Devil. Well, I did know why. Taylor explained it. I, for one, was not really interested in hearing the details on how I was conceived. I guess the Blood Moon was more symbolic than I thought.

It was during the Battle of Jamestown that the Wolves had their first victory. Before this, every battle was won solely by the Lycan. With the Werewolves numbers dwindling by the second, this battle was a huge turning point. Not only did the battle bring about hope again, but this was the first battle Helen Heights fought in.

There are few first hand reports of Heights fighting in the battle, but the few we have studied described her as a War God on the field. Nearly identical fighting techniques seen in Ares' combat. One aspect that stood out was how she never changed into her Wolf. She stayed in her human form during the whole conflict. She used one broadsword to bring down hundreds of Lycan. This sword would soon be called the "Harbor of Lightning" as it was said that it reflected light similar to Zeus lightning.

"What a stupid name," I whispered out loud. Who names their sword 'Harbor of Lightning?"

That was enough reading for the day. I promptly shut the book and laid it on the side of the bed I was currently occupying. It was a full size bed. Only a few feet away from Jacin's full size bed. The covers were softer than the last motel, but the pillows were as hard. I currently laid underneath, as even though I could create fire with the flick of my wrist, I still ran cold.

This was the third book about Helen Heights that I read. None of them were the same. Some said she fully transformed into a wolf during her battles. They described her as a wolf ablaze. This book in particular said she didn't turn at all. The first book, "Heights, a Life" said she carried a Sabre with her, and dubbed it "The Rod of Zeus" which seemed like more of a sexual innuendo then it was intended to be. Some said she fought alongside her Mate. Other's said her Mate died, which fueled her lust for revenge. I knew for a fact the latter was correct, as Taylor said as much. The only consistency between the three authors was that there was no consistency.