Chapter 21

Chapter 21: Taylor

Sometimes I wondered if I was part cat. Why, you may ask? Because whenever anyone rubbed my head, I got transported to a whole different plane of euphoria. I guess that was why I didn't automatically pull away when I woke up to Roan messaging my temple. It probably would have been hard too considering I was laying on his lap.

I probably should backtrack to how I ended up on his lap in the first place. A little past three in the morning, Zues decided to ruin my life a little more. Lightning struck down on our engine, hence the car losing all power. The sound woke us up as did the unencumbered coldness that followed. With no heater, I was for sure going to swell into a popsicle.

After much persuasion, Roan finally convinced me to "share body heat" by sitting on his lap. He also kept making more references to how he was just like Jacob Black in Twilight, body heat and all, except more hot.

I would be lying if I said it wasn't super comfortable. Probably the best sleep I had gotten in the past hundred years. But I would never tell him that. I had no idea what time it was when I finally started to wake up. Only that I could no longer hear the tip tap of the rain drops, and that little sparks erupted on my head where Roan was rubbing me.

Normally I would have probably just punched him, but I was too groggy to push him away. It felt too good. I had to try my hardest not to purr out or something. He must have been able to tell I was awake, because his voice ruined the bliss, "You know you drool when you sleep? It's pretty cute."

And just like that, my peaceful mood was ruined. Like the immature three year old that I was, I lifted my head slightly to make eye contact with him and gave him a slight smile. His eyes feigned confusion at the fact I did not yell at him. After a few seconds he gave me a smile too. That was when I acted. I wiped the remainder of my drool from my chin all over his shirt.

"Ew, that is so immature! You had no reason to do that!" he yelled while I laughed. I quickly moved off his lap and onto the passenger seat.

"You just had to wake me up, and rudely I may add," I bickered back.

"We both know that you were awake right when I started rubbing your head, Grandma," I just rolled my eyes. I turned to the window to take in the weather that was now presented to us. Sunny and no clouds in the sky. It was still cold out as patches of snow littered the side of the road, but it was much more bearable to walk four miles in. Without another word's notice, I jumped out of the car and walked to the trunk. I heard a flustered Roan get out of the car as well and meet me back there.

"What are you doing?" he asked. I just rolled my eyes. If he looked with his eyes and not his mouth, he would see that I was gathering my supplies.

"Getting my bag ready to hike to the nearest town," I muttered at him. I, luckily, only had one bag. He had a gazillion. I holesturd my bag around my shoulder, and started to turn around. Yet, his words stopped me.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait! How am I gonna carry all of these bags?" He asked as he motioned to his whole ass wardrobe.

"You don't," I responded simply.

"Well I can't leave this all here! It could be stolen!" he yelled at me.

"Well that's not my problem. Just take what you need, or I'll leave you here," I bickered back. He just stared at me wide eyed, pleading for me to help him in some way. I just gave him my best "hurry up, or I'll leave you" look. He finally let out a sigh and started condensing things into one bag. I heard him mutter things along the lines of "so impatient" and "valuable life items, God!"

Finally he emerged from the trunk with one backpack and a look of disdain, "Well, let's get on with it then."

I gave him a slight smile, and then we hit the road.