Chapter 35

Chapter 35 Mae

We sat for what felt like hours. I was never a patient person. I never could finish puzzles and got antsy waiting in doctor's offices. Now, with these exaggerated emotions, it was ten times worse. About an hour ago, after a very long and sadly, cold, shower, Jacin told me that Taylor called. Apparently, they found a break in their research, and wanted us to come over as soon as possible. With only twelve days left, all time matters.

Now, I was unpleasantly sitting on Katelyn's green sofa. I would say it was more like an elongated love seat as it was squishy for two people. Can you guess who I was shoved next too? Roan, of course. His forearms firmly pressed against mine. There was an armchair positioned right across from us. A vacant armchair may I add.

I tapped my index finger against my knee in a rapid motion. Jacin was leaning against the wall while Kate and Madeline were in the Kitchen collecting Gods know what. Katelyn was frazzled. That much was obvious. She could barely string a coherent sentence together let alone help with the situation we were in. Roan said that her mental state quickly declined after Jacin and I went to the Motel. Taylor tried to direct her, but it increasingly became difficult.

Jacin wore a tight navy blue shirt. It hugged his arms perfectly, showing all the ridges of his biceps. He rested his head against the wall behind him. It showcased his adam's apple. I wonder what it would feel like to trace my lips over it. He switched his shorts for a pair of jeans. Even though they were not tight, you could see the slight bulge in the crotch region. Looking at him now made me second guess ending our rendezvous.

Restlessly, I kept looking behind me at the two Witches. What did they find? Would it work? We had only been here for seven minutes and 27 seconds, but it felt like eons.

"Stop being twitchy, it messes up my vibe," Roan said to me. I barely spared him a glance.

"I am not twitchy, I am just impatient," I responded, as I ramped up the speed of my tapping finger.

"Patience is a virtue," He chimed back.

I glared, "A virtue that I am certain you do not have," I chirped back at him.

"I'll have you know that I am a very patient and virtuous man. Same might even say the most patient and virtuous."

"And who might say that? Because I can remember clearly how you nearly had a mental breakdown when the Bosco Sticks at school weren't ready for lunch," I reminded him.

"Bosco sticks," he smiled as lost in a memory, "Now that is something I would pay a lot of money for right now. Sheila knows that I have gym right before our Lunch period, and my wolf metabolism leaves me starving. It is not my fault, only those faulty ovens."

Sheila was our very friendly school lunch lady. She was only a few years our senior. The age gap did not seem to matter to her as she flirted with anyone with a heart beat and popularity status. She was a wolf, but not high on hierarchy. I never had a problem with her. She never went out of her way to be rude to me, and even spared me a few smiles.

Tap, tap, tap

I ignored him, and turned my attention back to the witches, "Are you guys ready yet?"

"In a second!" Taylor yelled, "We are just making sure we have everything we need," she paused, "Katelyn! Don't touch that!" She screamed, as she turned her attention to her sister. A sister who had her hand shoved in a jar of dead toads. Lovely.

"How about some small talk to pass the time?" Roan asked. I let out an audible moan.

"No thank you," I responded.