Chapter 6

Mae's outfit ^^^

Chapter 6

I would be lying if I said I did not debate turning around and walking right out of the club. But, that would be a sign of weakness. I refused to be weak in front of them tonight. Not on the night of my kind of Birthday Party. Before Jacin saw me, he was laughing. It looked so carefree. His eyes creased at the corner, and the more his lips curled upward the more his dimple on his left cheek showed. He looked cute, which pissed me off. He was talking to a brunette, who kept touching his thigh, which also made me mad. No, I yelled at myself, You will not be jealous of a girl touching him. You should be happy that's not you because she's probably contracting crabs as we speak

He must have sensed my negative thoughts about him, because just like that, his head snapped in my direction. Right when his eyes locked with mine, his smile disappeared. His face looked like a blank slate: emotionless. Roan must have sensed the change in the mood, because he quickly stopped talking to a blonde. He turned his attention to me. His facial expression wasn't emotionless, but angry.

Jacin stared at me. His eyes went up and down my body. I didn't know if he was checking me out or if he was trying to find my weak point. Deep down inside I wanted him to check me out, which made me angry at myself. I took a deep breath in and continued my hike to the bar. The bartender was on the side of the bar closest to Jacin, meaning I would have to go by them to get my drink. Great.

As I got closer to them, I could feel the heat of their gaze grow stronger. Surprisingly, It took everything in my power not to roll my eyes. Was I growing an attitude? I would not let them phase me. I angled my way in between the brunette Jacin was talking too and a random man who kept smiling at me. I put my hand in the air to wave down the bartender. When she noticed me, she smiled and put one finger in the air, motioning she would be over to me in one minute. One minute too long.

"And so like after my brazilian, I decided on a tan..." said the brunette who in my head was called 'Candy.' I know, it was very stereotypical of me. I kept tapping my pointer finger against the wooden countertop in hopes it would lower my anxiety.

"So baby, what brings you here?" smirked the weird man right next to me. He looked to be in his late twenties, early thirties. He was attractive with his green eyes and chestnut hair. His arms showed that he frequented the gym a lot. It was the vibe he was giving off that freaked me out.

"Uh, just wanted a night out," I responded, not in the mood for pointless commentary from a steroid-using horndog, but unsure what to say. I did not like conflict, but I also did not like unwanted attention I kept my eyes straight ahead, not wanting to acknowledge Mr. Steroids.

"Oh, you like to play hard to get. I like that," he flirted as he placed his hand on my hip. I swore I heard a growl from behind me.

I promptly pushed myself away from him, which thankfully led to his hand falling away from my hip, "I am not playing hard to get, I just want to get a drink and go find my friend." I rushed out, barely making eye contact. What was wrong with me? I go over situations like this in my head all the time. Yet, when it actually happens, I act like a spineless twat. I glanced back to the bartender who was still shaking the same silver container. How long does it take to mix drinks?

"Well baby, why don't you take your drink and your fine ass and place it on daddy's lap," He smirked as he patted his lap.

My eyes grew wide in shock. What could I say? Go take 'Daddy's Lap' somewhere else and leave my fine ass alone? At least that was better than what I actually said... which was nothing, as a deep voice interrupted any comebacks I was lagging on coming up with.

"I don't think she is interested," Jacin, who now was positioning himself between me and Mr. Steroids.

"I don't think this has anything to do with you, man." Steroids responded, not even glancing toward Jacin.