Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Three Long Hours Later

I loved putting on makeup, don't get me wrong. I thought of it as a stress reliever, but I never put too much on. I had always loved the natural look, so going to a nightclub wearing more foundation than the amount of blood in my body, and wearing fake eyelashes that have wrecked my peripheral vision was something I needed to get used to.

Like every girl, I was a little self conscious. Honestly, I was more conscious than the average female. I could chalk that up to my negative relationship with peers. I knew I wasn't ugly by any means, and some have even said I was somewhat attractive. But I was far from being a model. I was an average weight. Actually, extremely average, as my BMI was smack dab in the middle of the normal weight range. Still, I could handle a few more workouts a week. I was tall, which was probably my best quality beside my hair. My eyes danced between milky brown and hazel. If the sun was bright enough, small little specks of green would emerge. My hair was naturally blonde. I had no idea who I inherited it from, as my mother sports a head of scarlet red hair, and my father a dark brown. My hair was lighter toward the bottom, and had honey highlights weaved in toward the top. If I got a quarter for every time a person asked me where I got my hair done, I would be able to fix the scratch on Janet. I knew I was going to be amazed by my complexion after Taylor performed art on my face, but what I saw in the mirror astounded me.

If I ever wanted to be a Kardashian, that was the closest I would ever get. Taylor was nothing short of a guru with a makeup brush. I bet even Jeffree Star would want to apprentice under her. In one hour, she turned me from the extremely pale, girl-next-door to Aphrodite. Basically, I was Bella Swan pre and post vampire.

I really didn't have any say in what I was wearing. Right after we got to my bedroom, she ransacked my closet, and littered clothes all over my carpet. I just layed on my bed as Hurricane Taylor did her thing. Every once in a while I would hear her mutter little phrases like, "This is actually disgusting, even my Grandma wouldn't wear this," and, "Are you blind! I would much rather wear my throwup than this!" I didn't even respond. When you shop at Goodwill, you get what you get. Don't get me wrong, Goodwill does have some great stuff. Eventually, she emerged carrying clothes that I bought when I was overly hormonal and wanted to look hot... for myself.

She held a pair of skin tight, extremely ripped black jeans that were frayed at the bottoms, a see-through black mesh long sleeve bodysuit, and a black Victoria's Secret bra. My first reaction was to scream "No" repeatedly, but she would have none of that. After exchanging a few more threats, I finally gave in. She ended up curling my blonde hair and pulling it up in a high ponytail while letting a few strands frame my face. She applied dark eye makeup, sculpted my eyebrows, and contoured the hell out of my cheekbones. When she was done with me, she gave me black, high heeled boots that I didn't even know I had. I looked like a slutty bad ass.

Even though I looked good, Taylor was something else. She brought clothes with her, as if she knew we would end up going to a club tonight. She wore cheetah print pants that flowed all the way to the ankles, where they were brought back inward. I think the fashion term for them would be parachute pants. She also had a black bandeau with spaghetti straps and somehow had a cute little hat, which I didn't know how she fit in her bag. Louis really was remarkable. She did her makeup a little more naturally, but had a smokey eye. She gently curled her hair into beach curls. She was hot, no wonder Roan was obsessed with her.

We got to the club around 11 pm, and it was already well underway. There was a line that snaked its way out the door. One beefy security guard was slowly letting people in. He looked like the Dwayne Johnson of Security Guards: bald head, beefy arms and quads for days.

"Are you ready for the best night of your life?" Taylor asked as we sat in her 2019 Lincoln Navigator. Apparently, her family had money. She turned down the sunvisor and opened the mirror to reapply her lip gloss.