27

"You've been quiet ever since we landed, is everything alright?" Ji Woong asked trying to pat Matthew's shoulder but Matthew avoided his touch as he nodded "I'm fine" he muttered and walked towards Ricky and Gunwook.

Ji Woong's heart dropped as he thought of a reason why Matthew acted like that but he quickly reassured himself that that wasn't the reason.

Mr. Park walked into the office of the ceo with the boys and they sat on the seats placed for them.
Mr. Park and the CEO spoke on major matters about the kcon.

The CEO then had a talk about how the Kcon went and the positive outcome of their performance. The boys were happy and relieved to hear that.

They also got informed on the official date of their debut. Hearing that sent chills down their spine, in the good way I mean. They discussed about some other things about their debut before they were asked to leave.

"Ah Tae Rae, stay back" The CEO said and Tae Rae arched in brows in confusion but he still did. The boys knew how nice the CEO was so Tae Rae was quite assured that it wasn't going to be a big deal.

"You see Tae Rae. As I and the production crew watched your performances at the kcon, one member didn't stand out really well" he said and Tae Rae furrowed his brows.

"Gunwook, I mean. He has always been known for his powerful moves but at the kcon, his performance was terrible. He lacked energy, no facial expressions.. it was almost as if he didn't even try"

Tae Rae shook his head "With all due respect, I think you're wrong. I know how much Gunwook prepared for the performances, he did great"

The CEO furrowed his brows "Are you saying I'm lying?" He asked and scoffed. Tae Rae jolted on his seat "No no-that was not what I meant-

The CEO raised his palm and Tae Rae shut his mouth.

"At this point, we've made a decision to cut Gunwook out of the team. We can't afford to have any drawbacks" he said and Tae Rae immediately stood up in shock.

"You can't just cut Gunwook out because of a one-time mistake. You're basically ruining his dream. I know how much Gunwook suffered to be here. Please don't do this to him"

The CEO leaned back to his chair as he rubbed his chin. "I knew I called the right member. You do care about him...let's make a deal" he said and Tae Rae quickly sat down.

"Gunwook gets to stay in the group on one condition" He started and Tae Rae leaned forward desperately waiting to hear what he had to say. He was ready to do anything for Gunwook.

"You get to do whatever I tell you" The CEO said eyeing Tae Rae up and down with a sly smirk. Tae Rae's eyes furrowed and his eyes quickly widened when he understood what he meant.

-

Ricky couldn't help himself. Even though he had been distant from Tae Rae, it didn't mean that he doesn't still care for him. He stood just outside the office waiting for Tae Rae to come out.

The door opened and Tae Rae got out. Once he saw Ricky he flinched. Ricky walked closer to him but he moved back slightly as he clenched his clothes.

"W-Where are the others?" Tae Rae asked not looking at Ricky. Ricky arched a brow as he eyed Tae Rae up and down. He immediately knew something was wrong.

"Hyung..are you okay?" Ricky asked ignoring Tae Rae's question. He tried to reach out to him but Tae Rae moved back.

"Ahah I'm just tried that's all. I..I'll go check for the others" Tae Rae said with a smile that looked very fake in Ricky's eyes. Tae Rae scurried off, leaving Ricky wondering what happened in the office.

-

Hanbin wrapped his arms round Zhanghao's waist as he buried his head in Zhanghao's neck crook.
Zhanghao sat in between Hanbin's legs on the floor.

They were back at the dorm. The two were in the sitting room watching a movie. Zhanghao was more interested in the movie than Hanbin who was lost in his comfort.

"Hanbin..." Zhanghao called as he turned down the volume of the movie and Hanbin hummed.

"I'm sorry. I know I've said it a lot but this time, I can't help but say it again. I've truly hurt you because of my words and actions. I just hope you understand where I'm coming from and hopefully forget all the hurtful words I said to you. I'm truly sorry Hanbin" Zhanghao said and turned to look at Hanbin.

Hanbin looked at his doe eyes that got teary.

He softly cupped  Zhanghao's cheek.
"You know I can't stay mad at you for long even if I want to" Hanbin muttered and Zhanghao softly smiled.

"It's almost as if my body makes decisions for me each time I'm around you. And I'm glad because it's always what's on my mind" Hanbin said and connected his lips with Zhanghao.