Bow ties on dead guys

Kier's POV:

Putting my toothbrush back in the stand, I licked the front of my teeth with my tongue and sighed in contentment at both the smoothness of the front of the calcium protrusions and the minty cloud that wafted up to my nose whenever I breathed through my mouth. I love mint. Smell of mint, taste of mint, love it.

Today is a big day. Today we are filming a music video for Bow ties on dead guys. We've already done a video for fetish for the finite and palace in flames, but we've got a new guy to film it so we are all hoping it will end up looking a little more swish than the other two.

As far as I understand it, this video should link to Laurence's general story of Grandomina, though I'm not really sure how being chained to instruments and fighting with flags will fit in, but then again, I don't understand Grandominia that much. I guess I really should, being his band mate and all, but the way we have it works.

Shane does all the art and manages the tech side of FVK, Drew writes a ton of lyrics and music and tweaks things the rest of us have written, he has the most musical knowledge out of all of us. Laurence writes the basics for most songs, writes the stories and keeps the concept working and I manage the band as best I can, smooth talking my way into gigs and dealing with the financial side of things. In other words, I do the really boring stuff.

Everyone seems to have a role, all besides Luke, who at the present time is on a sofa bed in the living room in all probability. He asked if he could move in with us, despite knowing how cramped it was, due to him not being able to keep up with rent and the rest of the bills you have to pay when you have a flat. We hastily agreed, glad to feel as part of a whole band again.

I strolled into the living room and plopped down on the sofa, picking up the remote as I did so. I flicked to Time Team and looked up at Shane, realising that no one else was in the room.

"Where is everyone?"

"Loading up the van."

"Ah. I'll give them a hand." I dropped the remote control again and grouchily slugged my way to the van.

"What needs bringing out?" I called to Drew.

"Uh, your guitar and a couple of jack leads. Luke did all of the amps." A little annoyance burrowed it's way into my skull, I always brought out the amps, because I'm the strongest. Maybe I'm starting to lose stance. I guess that's what happens when you have two front men.

I ran back inside and hastily grabbed my guitar, checking the strap was properly fastened, donning the instrument and slinging it onto my back. I then picked up the jack leads sitting in a tangled mess of rubber tubing in the corner and began to coil up each one individually as I walked.

"Where's Shane?" Drew furrowed his brows at me as I got back outside.

"Watching time team. Go grab him will you? If we're loaded up we might as well leave." He responded with a jerky nod and began to do a slow jog around the back of the van to go and get Shane.

After I chucked the leads in the van and then placed my instrument on the rack, I slid open the front door and jumped a little in shock. Laurence was sitting in my usual seat next the driver. I guess I'd have to sit I the seat no one usually sat in.

"This taken?" I gestured to the seat beside Laurence with my finger. He looked up from his phone and pushed his wild fringe from his eyes. I guess he hadn't straightened it yet.

"Uh no." He replied thoughtfully. That sure was a cryptic answer. Did he not want me to sit here? Fuck it. I hoisted myself up the single stair and slammed the door.