𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑁𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

I stayed silent the entirety of the drive home, running my brain over what Izuku could have possibly meant by 'something like that.' The music in the car zoned out my silence, as Izuku sung along like there was no reason for concern.

I even decided to leave him in my room while I watched a movie with my mom just so I could try to understand what he meant.

"Y/n it's nice being with you. I feel like I haven't seen you lately." Mom looked at me with a smile. I turned to her with a smile, and popped a piece of popcorn into my mouth.

"It is nice." Yeah, sorry mom I haven't been with you because I've been hanging out with a fictional character who may or may not be real. He is real. Others just can't see him. Right?

What am I doing with my life?

When the movie ended I helped mom clean up, hugged her goodnight, and ran upstairs, ready for Izuku to ambush me with questions like...

"What took so long? Are you upset with me?" He asked, jumping off the bed the second I opened the door. I closed the door with my back, biting my inner cheek.

"I was watching a movie with my mom." I sighed, and plopped on the bed next to him. He nodded and smiled at me.

"Earlier." I looked into his eyes, and his shoulders fell at the words, like he knew exactly what I was talking about. He looked down to his hands, and joined them with mine.

"We should go outside." He smiled, cutting me off. My eyebrows furrowed, as I tilted my head to the side.

"Why?" I asked, every word I spoke seemed to be in slow motion.

"I want to watch the stars with you." He smiled, and looked toward our connected hands, bringing them up together and kissing my hand.

I sighed and stood up, grabbing a couple of blankets, and my speaker to watch the stars. I decided I would saver this moment, because something told me I wouldn't get many more.

I turned to him, and he watched me with a subtle smile. I dropped the blankets on the ground and walked up to him, my legs sitting in between his legs.

His hands rested on my waist, and I wrapped my hands around his neck, pulling him in for a long lasting kiss.

He smelt and tasted like him. The best. A flavor I could get high off of. There was something so unique about him, a word that wasn't yet made.

He outlawed all of the dictionary definitions. Perfect was an understatement. I wanted him to stay. To be mine. For as long as we lived. But that just felt impossible. I couldn't come to terms with the mere thought of it.

His hands moved up my body, until his hands were on my cheeks, and then the back of my head, pushing me closer to him, and laying me on top of him.

He kissed down my neck, flipping us so he was on top of me. The whole thing was slow, considerate, loving.

"I want you to stay." I whispered, my breath taking my words, and my whole body tingling with his touch.

He pulled away and looked into my eyes, "I'll be here, for you, with you. Forever." There was a void of emptiness when I looked into his eyes. Will you? Really?

He kissed me one last time before standing up, and holding his hand out. "Let's go watch the stars."

~ ~

"I love your hair." Izuku whispered as he ran his hands through my hair. I lay on his lap, as we both watched the stars on a blanket. The beach waves were small, and the moon glimmered against the water like a shining diamond.

I grinned, the feeling of his warm hands comforting me. I would never get used to his touch. My heart raced each time he touched me, like it was the first time.

"Do you miss your mom? Or any of your friends?" I asked Izuku. I turned my head on his lap so that I was looking up at him. He pulled the blanket we shared up, and smiled down at me.

"I mean, yeah. But I haven't thought much about it if I'm being completely honest." His voice was just above a whisper. I wondered how his world was, without him.

"They probably miss you." I sighed and sat up on my hands, our eyes stayed locked as I spoke. This moment felt surreal. Like every little thing we did I would remember forever.

I would remember the slight wind that chilled us to the point of cuddling up, I would remember the way the top of his hair was more fluffed than usual, the way my hair felt extra brushed due to his hand running through it repeatedly.

I would remember the scenery, or the way he breathed, a complete opposite ripple to my breath.

I would also remember his dismissive attitude when the topic of earlier was brought up. Something like that.

What could that even mean? I'm the only one that can see you cause you were sent upon my wish? Or I'm the only one who can see you cause you're not really here?

It had to be the first one, he wasn't a figment of my imagination, and I knew it. I knew it.
There was so much we shared. It couldn't be my mind.

True emotion, kissing, loving, hobby sharing.

"Izuku?" I asked, my heart pounding out of my chest. From the time the words came out of my mouth, to him looking down to me, it felt like 15 hours.

"Hm?" His voice was subtle, low. His eyes connected yet again with mine, and I saw that same emptiness from before. It wasn't like other times, where I saw his soul and it spoke with mine.

"'Something like that.'" I quoted him, and he knew exactly what I meant. I could tell by the way his shoulders tensed.

"You are here, right?"

...