Honeymoon

"Are you happy?" Abel murmured into Selena's hair as they laid in bed together 24 hours later.

They'd left Lexi at home, being watched over by their mothers, and Abel had whisked Selena away to a remote island resort, where they could spend the next two weeks in wedded bliss.

Bliss was the main feeling both of them had been experiencing for the last several hours, as they reveled in the freedom to indulge their passions without worrying about their baby girl. They'd both been left breathless after their most recent round, and Abel was secretly relieved when Selena said she needed a little break before they went again.

"We definitely didn't do things the way I'd always planned." Selena chuckled as she kissed Abel's chest. "But I've never been happier, never even imagined how happy I could be to become your wife and the mother of our little girl."

"I know what you mean. I never thought I'd want a wife, or be ready for a baby, but now I couldn't imagine my life without either one of you. I can't even guess what my life would've become if we never did this," he said honestly.

"Baby, can I ask you something?" Selena rested her chin on Abel's chest and looked up into his eyes.

"Anything. What is it, babe?"

"Do you have any regrets?" She smiled curiously.

Abel gently squeezed his wife closer to his body. "Never."

The End.

A/N: I can't believe it took me this long to circle back to post this, but I finally got around to it...four years later. Anyway..... Just a short little scene I always meant to add to officially close it out! Thanks to everyone who read the story!