I Do

Part 13: I Do

"Welcome, everyone, and thank you to each and every one of you for being here on this most happy of days. It's no accident that each of you are here today, and each of you were invited to be here because you represent someone important in the individual and collective lives of Selena and Abel."

Selena looked into Abel's eyes as the minister began. His hands were wrapped strongly around hers, and she could see in his beautiful brown eyes that he was just as excited as she was for them to finally be married. His tuxedo fit him perfectly, and she couldn't wait to slowly strip it off of him later that night, starting with the bow tie. Abel was thinking the same thing as he stared in awe at Selena in her wedding dress: it was pure white, silk and lace, strapless with long sleeves that began a few inches above her elbows, a sweetheart neckline, and a sheer back held up by a few dozen white buttons that his fingers were aching to pop open.

"I truly can't think of a better venue than the site of this lovely couple's new forever home together for an occasion that I know is not only monumental for the wedded-couple-to-be, but for all of us who are lucky to know and love them as individuals; but even more so as a perfect pairing."

In the front row of seats, baby Lexi just watched her parents and giggled as her grandmothers held her between the two of them. Selena and Abel looked over and couldn't help grinning at their little angel. She was exactly six months old that day, and they couldn't believe how quickly she was growing. Mandy and Samra shared a knowing glance when they saw the two proud, still-new parents looking at their little girl.

"The most remarkable moment in life is when you meet the person who makes you feel complete. The person who makes the world a beautiful and magical place. The person with whom you share a bond so special that it transcends normal relationships and becomes something so pure and so wonderful, that you can't imagine spending another day of your life without them. Selena and Abel have found that special bond with each other. So, without further ado..."

Abel began slowly rubbing the side of Selena's hand with his thumb. He was always skeptical of marriage, but after falling in love with Selena, standing by her side as she suffered from her lupus, seeing her cheering him on at his concerts, and then watching her give birth to their daughter, he knew he couldn't be any more sure of his future with her. She was the only woman he wanted to be with.

"Dearly beloved and honored guests. We are gathered together here to join Selena Marie Gomez and Abel Makkonen Tesfaye in the union of marriage. This contract is not to be entered into lightly, but thoughtfully and seriously, and with a deep realization of its obligations and responsibilities. And now, the bride and groom have chosen to recite their own heartfelt vows to one another."

"Abel." Selena took a deep breath as she looked into her man's eyes. "I always knew that I wanted to get married and have a family someday. I imagined my wedding to a man I loved and who loved me, and the children we would have together. But nothing I imagined has lived up to the reality of loving you and being lucky enough to hold you in my arms every night. You have been the most patient, understanding, kind man I have ever known. You've been right there by my side through every hardship, every joy, and every moment in between. I promise you that I will be there for you every one of those moments of our lives together, for as long as we both live. I love you, Abel."

Abel swallowed the lump in his throat. Just seeing Selena in her wedding dress was enough to make him emotional but hearing her vows to him almost brought him to tears, even though he'd only ever admit it to her.

"Selena, you are everything I never knew I needed in my life. Honest. Compassionate. Warm. Loving. Even when I saw you at your weakest point-" He broke for a moment; he reached up and held her face in his hands. "You have always been the strongest person I know. Your strength gives me hope in life. Being with you makes me want to be the man you deserve, makes me want to be the man I was never sure I could be before I met you. When we found out you were pregnant with Lexi, I was beyond happy that we were going to become a family even though before you, I didn't think I was ready to be a father. I need you in my life, Selena, and I hope you need me in yours. I promise to always be with you, when you need me and when you want me, when things are hard and when they're easy. I love you, Selena."

Selena leaned into Abel's hand. They'd chosen not to share their views with each other before the wedding, and she was struggling not to start crying before the ceremony was over. She hadn't realized just how much it would mean to her to hear Abel say those things, to have that verbal confirmation of their love. She turned her head and kissed his palm carefully.

"And now, Abel, do you take Selena to be your lawfully wedded wife? Do you promise to love, honor, cherish, and protect her, forsaking all others, and holding only unto her forevermore?"

Abel looked deeply into Selena's eyes before answering with a clear voice. "I do."

"And Selena, do you take Abel to be your lawfully wedded husband? Do you promise to love, honor, cherish, and protect him, forsaking all others, and holding only unto him forevermore?"

Selena smiled as a single tear escaped her eye. "I do."

"Selena and Abel will now exchange rings as a symbol of love and commitment to each other. These rings are the seal of the vows you have just taken to love each other without end. Abel, please place the ring on Selena's left hand and repeat after me. As a sign of my love, loyalty, and fidelity..."

"As a sign of my love, loyalty, and fidelity..."

"That I have chosen you..."

"Above all else..."

"Above all else..."

"With this ring, I thee wed."

Abel slipped the ring onto Selena's finger, and he thought he'd never seen anything more beautiful than the sight of her standing there in her wedding dress with that white gold band placed securely on her finger.

"Now, Selena, please place the ring on Abel's left hand and repeat after me. As a sign of my love, loyalty, and fidelity..."

"As a sign of my love, loyalty, and fidelity..."

"That I have chosen you..."

"Above all else..."

"Above all else..."

"With this ring, I thee wed."

Selena slid the ring onto Abel's finger, sealing their marriage, and she had to force herself not to give in to her urge to kiss him right then, her husband.

"And now by the power vested in me by the State of California, it is my honor to declare you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Abel took Selena's bare shoulders gently in his hands and pulled her in for a kiss. Their lips met, and Selena wrapped her arms around his waist as their family and friends cheered. Abel hugged his wife closer to his body as their kiss deepened, earning a few joking catcalls. They pulled away a few seconds later when they remembered they were still in front of everyone and not in their honeymoon bed. Selena grabbed Abel's hand with a grin as they turned to face everyone.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to present to you for the first time, Mr. and Mrs. Abel Makkonen Tesfaye!"

To Be Continued.

A/N: Well, another one bites the dust! The next part will be the final part of the story, just a short one sort of wrapping things up. Hopefully, I'll have it up by tomorrow!

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed. I'd love it if you'd drop me a comment and vote on this story! Thanks, everyone!